stevens opens tuesday

bobbyperu

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn sorry man I didn't check out this post. I was up there on Saturday, ripping down the slopes. Not bad considering it had been raining up there the day before. Every once and a while would wonder where you was at, but was pretty pre-occupied with ripping. Well looks like I will be spending my Friday's up there soon, going on a four day. I'll be sure and look you up next time now that I knows where you at. Not sure about this one looks like it is suppose stay warn all week, maybe I am going to head inland or go in search of ice, or hell maybe head down to Smiffy.

yup the iron goat pizzaria upstairs is mostly where i run tangs, also i'll sit in at the scoops spot downstairs selling tix and shit in the mornings so homeboy can go on ride breaks... ask anyone in any of the food services as thats my domain... hope to see y'all, today was pretty freakin rad freshies and filtered sun, great visibility and pretty quite for a weekend mornin' good livin' bigdrink.giffruit.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif-bp

Hey BP, gots to make ya jealous here. Yesterday headed up to Powder Cache and got many vertical of deep powder turns. Hwy 20 is closed at Varden Creek, but it's just a short walk up the road til you turn up into the trees. Incredible views of the east faces of the silver star, the wine spires, vasiliki ridge, etc. The natural half-pipe coming off the top is superschweet--the only place it was a bit slabby, but very stable elsewhere. Coverage was great, cept down in the lower trees where we were shrubwacking, fjording creeks and crawling over logs. Had two snowboards, two teleheads and a randoneer along. Only once incident of high-speed tree hugging. Oh yeah, what's the place called you pointed out that you access via the Rendevouz? Later dood...

ken4ord said:

Yo UT, I want's some of that. I am off in search of ice next weekend, but the following I have no plans as of yet. Would love to get up into the backcountry over in the WA Pass/Methow area, if you are up for getting out and showing me around.

since you are from the (l)east coast there is a two year "probation" period, where you cannot access any of the good stuff. you are only allowed to play around the edges.

see'ya in '05 wave.gif

hahaha.gif

erik said:

ken4ord said:

Yo UT, I want's some of that. I am off in search of ice next weekend, but the following I have no plans as of yet. Would love to get up into the backcountry over in the WA Pass/Methow area, if you are up for getting out and showing me around.

since you are from the (l)east coast there is a two year "probation" period, where you cannot access any of the good stuff. you are only allowed to play around the edges.

see'ya in '05 wave.gif

hahaha.gif

Yeah right. I thought you were moving, keeper of the freshies (damn don't you wish). Oh yeah another thang, I am not from the (l)east coast, I was living out there for a bit by default. Just move on boy and leave untracked in WA for me to ride. the_finger.gifthe_finger.gifthe_finger.gif

ken4ord said:

Oh yeah another thang, I am not from the (l)east coast, I was living out there for a bit by default. the_finger.gifthe_finger.gifthe_finger.gif

"Bio East Coast climber new to the area 5/1. Loving it out here this place rocks. Been climbing a ton. Always looking for new partners for anything, can lead 10's, grade 5 ice, aid whatever, long alpine routes."

if you know this hunk, will ya hook me up with his digits?? and what of his brown curly locks???

hahaha.gifboxing_smiley.gifthe_finger.gifbigdrink.gif

erik said:

ken4ord said:

Oh yeah another thang, I am not from the (l)east coast, I was living out there for a bit by default. the_finger.gifthe_finger.gifthe_finger.gif

"Bio East Coast climber new to the area 5/1. Loving it out here this place rocks. Been climbing a ton. Always looking for new partners for anything, can lead 10's, grade 5 ice, aid whatever, long alpine routes."

if you know this hunk, will ya hook me up with his digits?? and what of his brown curly locks???

hahaha.gifboxing_smiley.gifthe_finger.gifbigdrink.gif

Yep that's what it says east coast climber (cause I did most of my climbing there) not east coaster (cause I am not from there nor would I want to be). I don't remeber typing the hunk/digit/curly locks chit though.

the_finger.gifboxing_smiley.gif

iain said:

what's with the sudden switch to bulletin board ebonics?

Perhaps we should switch to Bro-Brah?

Dood, we had a straight up phat snofari yesterday. It was off the richter. If It had been any sicker I would have speed- dialed 911. The pow pow was righteously gnarlacious and so deep my brahs were going all snorkelrific on it. Dood, the terrain was so extreme it made the Taco Bell Xtreme Value Meal look like the biggest rip since bro poached that roach and "made green eggs and yams" with that smoking shred betty who happened to be the Hawk's fiance. Oooh, man!

Brah busted this mad air and was rolling down the windows so fast I thot he was gonna bail, but instead he banished the flail and stomped the landing. He was soooo stoked! Props to him. Bro hadn't been out this season, so he was doing the stinkbug for the first few turns and nearly had he weekend turn into a tweekend when he barely missed this spruce. Oh, dood! The snow in the lower trees was beat, bordering on whack, but after a yerba sesh we were all good. I'm still amped.

grin.gif

tricky i know of the goods you speak... will be coming oot soon as my days off are thurs friday... i been watchin the reports and will want to hookit wit choo when i come on home. also for anyone interested we open at stevens for nites tomorrow wednesday...bring it hahaha.giffruit.gifbigdrink.gifin da pizzaria-bp

snowflakes are fallin' outside my office window as "sullen girl" drifts from the speakers... the lights are on, and glowin, and tomorrow should be sweet! storm tonite, freshies in the morn' then some "work" and out again by 7 fruit.gif... anyone gonna be around at anytime tomorrow? shred the rad y'all yelrotflmao.gifhahaha.gif-bp nightrider style rockband.gif