iain

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What would this man say? Fight! boxing_smiley.gif

ST3101.jpg

John "Bluto" Blutarsky: "Oh, we're afraid to go with you Bluto. We might get in trouble."Well, just kiss my ass from now on! Not me. I'm not gonna take this! Wormer, he's a dead man! Marmalard, dead! Niedermeyer . . .

Eric "Otter" Stratton: Dead. Bluto's right, psychotic, but absolutely right. We gotta take these bastards. Now, we could fight 'em with conventional weapons, that could take years, and cost millions of lives. No, in this case, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture, be done on somebody's part.

lummox said:

Rodchester said:

He pointed to proposed legislation by Sen. Craig Thomas, R-Wyo., that would make fees for national parks permanent and would end the fee program on other public lands.

I can stand that... thumbs_up.gif

you are a [insert insult implying stupid with money].

wazzup.gif

This is a different Senator offering a different bill that would effectively end the fee system (park pass) as we know it. thumbs_up.gif I think it is a great idea to eliminate it. cool.gif

Lummox...if you want to keep paying the fees to use the National Forest lands, that's your opinion...but I disagree. boxing_smiley.gif I want to see the parking and volcano pass end. thumbs_down.gif

The National Park's system of fees is different and entrance fees have always existed. Not that I love them, but I'll put up with it. I'll take the non-fee use of the National Forests any day. cool.gif

bigdrink.gif

Edited by Rodchester

Rodchester said:

lummox said:

Rodchester said:

He pointed to proposed legislation by Sen. Craig Thomas, R-Wyo., that would make fees for national parks permanent and would end the fee program on other public lands.

you are a [insert insult implying stupid with money].

wazzup.gif

This is a different Senator offering a different bill that would effectively end the fee system (park pass) as we know it. thumbs_up.gif I think it is a great idea to eliminate it. cool.gif

Lummox...if you want to keep paying the fees to use the National Forest lands, that's your opinion...but I disagree. boxing_smiley.gif I want to see the parking and volcano pass end. thumbs_down.gif

The National Park's system of fees is different and entrance fees have always existed. Not that I love them, but I'll put up with it. I'll take the non-fee use of the National Forests any day. cool.gif

bigdrink.gif

oops. my bad. blush.gif

catbirdseat said:

What would this man say? Fight! boxing_smiley.gif

ST3101.jpg

John "Bluto" Blutarsky: "Oh, we're afraid to go with you Bluto. We might get in trouble."Well, just kiss my ass from now on! Not me. I'm not gonna take this! Wormer, he's a dead man! Marmalard, dead! Niedermeyer . . .

Eric "Otter" Stratton: Dead. Bluto's right, psychotic, but absolutely right. We gotta take these bastards. Now, we could fight 'em with conventional weapons, that could take years, and cost millions of lives. No, in this case, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture, be done on somebody's part.

"Was it over when the German's bombed Pearl Harbor?"

"German's?"

"Forget it, he's on a roll!"

Rodchester said:

Best common sense compromise I've heard. This is what I've been promoting all along. Duh!!!

National Parks are public land set aside for permanant protection from other activities such as mining, logging and other natural resource extraction. I don't mind paying for use of that "protected" land. I'll be damned if I'll subsidize the National Forest and soon to come I'm sure, BLM land.

Critics include Rep. Greg Walden, R-Ore. Earlier this year Walden supported an amendment that would kill the rec demo fee program, according to Walden's spokesman Dallas Boyd. "Greg doesn't approve of the idea of just charging someone to go walk in the woods and look at the trees," Boyd said.

holy shit. I agree with Greg Walden. wazzup.gif