Have a great day!

erik

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only way we're going to win is if we can set up a government with its own military post haste and let them duke it out with the remnants of Saddam's regime. Those thugs know that if they keep it up long enough we'll leave. Perhaps if pitted against their own countrymen who can't leave, they'll eventually give up.

We'll pull out. Then there will be a civil war before it is all over. There is a good chance that the Baathists will be back. Iraq may end up as two or more countries.

All I gotta say is that those Iraqi teenagers and others who participated in the mutilation are clueless idiots. They're reaping the wild wind.

I don't know if this was instigated by mullahs or if it's just the general sentiment of the people in that area. If it's the mullahs, then these guys have to be neutralized by whatever means necessary. If it's just the mood of the people then that's more difficult to remedy. One sentiment I heard expressed is that the Iraqi and Moslems in general feel humiliated. When a mob of humiliated people obtain a chance, they take their aggression out on objects of their hate.

I don't know what was different with WWII and the defeat of Germany and Japan. But I suspect that the extended warfare drained their national psyches and that their defeat was overwhelming. Of course, the types of war were different. In WWII the civilian infrastructure such as manufacturing centers were decimated by carpet bombing. In Iraq, the bombing was selective and designed to attack the government support structures but keep much of the nation intact.

From my vantage point, it seems that the Iraqis are getting a pretty damn good deal especially considering that they don't have an onerous tax burden imposed on them.

Ok, what was the mission again? Is this an example of mission creep?

scrambler said:

From my vantage point, it seems that the Iraqis are getting a pretty damn good deal especially considering that they don't have an onerous tax burden imposed on them.

do you really believe this is the measure of whether they are getting a good deal?

~30000 casualties and climbing, no end in sight to occupation (still in saudi arabia 14 years after gw1), widespread insecurity, routine 'mishaps' at check points, sporadic basic necessity if any at all, ruined economy and infrastructure, at least half the pop unemployed and little propect it will change fast, little if any say in the new politic and economic models, flat taxation, local companies essentially shut out from the reconstruction, national economy (including banks) to be handed out to foreign interests that can export their profits entirely, etc .... what a deal! rolleyes.gif

before a logically challenged nitwit interjects, i am not justifying anyhting.

j_b said:

being an american does not mean you have to lose your ability to think critically, on the contrary. why not reevaluate the policies that underly the situation. iraqis are not inherently evil, nobody is.

Here's my well thought out solution. Have both GW Bush and j_b molested by the Borax 20 Mule Team.

How's that for critical thinking. moon.gifhahaha.gif

What happened to all the stories about the "good" things happening in Iraq? You know, "what the media isn't reporting is all the Iraqi people welcoming the troops with open arms". Welcome? Bullshit. I done think GW has worn out his welcome, both here and in Iraq.