silverton is beyond sick!!!

thelawgoddess

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boy, this whole thread is getting a bit heated. It's all good. Ski locally, get sick, have a blast...

"I tested that whole "any skiing is better than no skiing" mantra today, and I'm not sure anymore" DW after returning from a run behind Church Mountain with Steve Barnett, on that rain crust layer we had a few weeks ago.

"Holy Shit!!! Did you see that!!!! Fuckin' Cold Smoke!" The Goat after watching this shred betty launching off above as we toured back from Herman Saddle on that awesome, bluebird powder day last Friday

bigdrink.gifyellaf.gif

AlpineK said:

Truth is if you're skiing anywhere past early July then you're a skiing geek and should be out rock climbing with RuMR

snaf.gif

thumbs_up.gifYeah...what kurt said!!! CO is for punks!

Conversation w/ typical boulderite:

"Hi, my name is bob, i'm from boulder....did i mention i'm from boulder...hey, back in boulder, where i'm from, we gots all that...i'm a co native'

Word on the street is colorado aint the center of the universe!!!!!!!!

"Boy, this whole thread is getting a bit heated."-bgoat

Yeah,right...I'm laughing my ass off...! wave.gif

"Truth is if you're skiing anywhere past early July then you're a skiing geek and should be out rock climbing with RuMR "

No way,AlpineK! There is such a narrow window of bikini clad ski bunnies that it is tough to miss their annual migration down the slopes and into the local bars... bigdrink.gifblush.gif

JayB- Yeah, you are not the only one to notice the lack of running lifts when the real ski season gets rolling...yoy. Most of them follow the market, not the snow. rolleyes.gif

what a bunch of regionalists, get over it!

It is all great, depending on how you look at it-

Face shots on doubleblack diamonds at Crystal yesterday-

Skied the July 1 at Snoqualamie Pass on a ski traverse around Chair peak in shorts two years ago, and the skiing in June is usually excellent in many places in Washington State.

but A Basin and the cheap skiing in summit county is great too. Colorado actually has SKI TOWNS, people.

hmm, is washington missing something here?

the one thing we aren't missing is a hella long season and plenty of good powder.

now quit'cher bitching and go get ripping, the snow is excellent!

happy tofurkey day!

whatever! too bad you can't move to canada, kurt because it sounds like thats where you want to be, hoser! the_finger.gif

I know how suck it is for housing in CO, but WA is suck for ski towns. And Canada is pretty suck for americans, coz you ain't canooks! quit yer bitchen, and go out and ride! go enjoy the snow you get, whether it's TLG in CO or BC or WA summer skiing for suntans, just go get some!

I don't want to live in a trailer south of leadville so i can work in eagle/ vail-been to Colorada, been there, done that.

RuMR said:

"Hi, my name is bob, i'm from boulder....did i mention i'm from boulder...hey, back in boulder, where i'm from, we gots all that...i'm a co native'

telluride ain't boulder. moon.gif

and fremont ain't the center of the universe either. rolleyes.gif

why are some of you comparing lift-serviced skiing in colorado with backcountry skiing in washington? wazzup.gif

imho, you get more better when you hike for it ... but that doesn't mean the lifts aren't fun -- or useful for accessing "non-lift-accessed" terrain. wave.gif

a very good climber said once (during quarry ice fest)- colorado- florida with hills. it's so fuckin' true. i am sure it has some cool climbing and good skiing, but get over yourself people. as far as skiing goes n. cascades have 10 times the back coutry. vail is not a world class destination for ice.

even rifle isn't so special. newsflash- around canmore there are 15 places like that, so there is no reason to pop big wood about your little playground.

and rudy is right, after about 12 hours in boulder i was ready to go postal....EVERYONE IS SO FUCKING COOL THERE (NOT!). moon.gif

tlg- telluride is still driving distance from boulder. on the top of that you get people from texas hellno3d.gif

Edited by glassgowkiss

glassgowkiss said:

and rudy is right, after about 12 hours in boulder i was ready to go postal....EVERYONE IS SO FUCKING COOL THERE (NOT!). moon.gif

tlg- telluride is still driving distance from boulder. on the top of that you get people from texas hellno3d.gif

Yoy... The 'tude sucks at times in Boulder , for sure, but the outdoor fun factor makes up for it. And if you've got a good group of friends to hang and climb w/ then who gives a shit? Screw the minority of snobbish asses, ya know? It's not like the NW is exempt either,for sure. I sure ran into my share of asses on Rainier, other peaks and absolutely on this website... rolleyes.gif Most people here in CO are laid back and fun anyway-ignore the rest. But some people(like me) get allot out of being able to get off work(an actual real job-something tough to find in 95% of the other outdoor playground towns but not so tough here), walk to Chatauqua park and jog up the 3rd Flatiron for some quick excercise/ fun or go kayaking or whatever, ya know? It's a nice but not perfect place to live and most people take pride in living here. I've never really run into the "One time in band camp,..." mentality for Boulder honestly but I'm sure it exsists. If everyone here offended you then you were probably the one sportin' the 'tude, for sure. moon.gif

yeah, some of my friends moved to colorado too, so what? i am not talking about climbers only. i am talking about people who live in boulder in general. you see, there is a group of very good, motivated and fun indyviduals there. the problem is the number of spray wanna-be, who (for all they care) should live in nebraska or iowa. their idea of great outdoors is going to your local coffee shop and try to look cool, drink their wanna-be cappucino (btw- like 90% of the coffee shops sell wothless swill for very much $$$).

PNW isn't great either this way- trust me- i have waged my war on this site several times and as far as i know i am the only person kicked out of here twice.

werd

RuMR said:

AlpineK said:

Truth is if you're skiing anywhere past early July then you're a skiing geek and should be out rock climbing with RuMR

snaf.gif

hi my name is bob i am from boulder. did i say i live in boulder? check out my $4000 mountainbike on the roof on my suv my parents bought me for my high school graduation. i really care about this planet and place i live.... boulder, so i can drive my gass guzzling lexus suv to the coffee shop. sometimes i will ride my $4000 bike, but only in boulder, so everyone in boulder can see what i am riding."

glassgowkiss said:

[hi my name is bob i am from boulder. did i say i live in boulder? check out my $4000 mountainbike on the roof on my suv my parents bought me for my high school graduation. i really care about this planet and place i live.... boulder, so i can drive my gass guzzling lexus suv to the coffee shop. sometimes i will ride my $4000 bike, but only in boulder, so everyone in boulder can see what i am riding."

yelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gif

Yeah, that sums it up perfectly. Just remember, some of us do get dirty here and hate those fucks as much as you do. thumbs_up.gif

Edited by griz

glassgowkiss said:

RuMR said:

AlpineK said:

snaf.gif

hi my name is bob i am from boulder. did i say i live in boulder? check out my $4000 mountainbike on the roof on my suv my parents bought me for my high school graduation. i really care about this planet and place i live.... boulder, so i can drive my gass guzzling lexus suv to the coffee shop. sometimes i will ride my $4000 bike, but only in boulder, so everyone in boulder can see what i am riding."

Trustafarians. thumbs_down.gifthumbs_down.gifwazzup.gif They're everywhere in CO.

Don't worry Beck, I'll get any plenty of skiing here and in BC this winter.

I think we've beat this to death

Edited by AlpineK