garmont sucks

thelawgoddess

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, i'd say! Paul Parker (who designed the original T1) has worked for Garmont for the last few of years I believe. He is the godfather of plastic boots, and garmont is way on top of it... Scarpa just began offering thermofits this season? come on, let's get real. Garmont is the leader in the plastic tele boot game.

I'm going out in leathers and three pins tomorrow to ride the pow, who needs plastic boots anyway? the_finger.gif

michael_layton said:

TLG, I would have figured you for having bigger feet confused.gif

Layton, bro, little advice: That's not something you say to a woman. It's not something she wants to hear.

What she wants to hear is "Ohh, I bet your feet are tiny, by the way I'm a multi-millionaire. Would you like to join me for dinner on my yacht? Jean-Paul, my chef, is preparing sushi, and I just stocked the wine cellar onboard. We'll take a little cruise around the sound and catch the sunset." Try that one next time.

thelawgoddess said:

they don't make at boots small enough for me! confused.gif

and it's not like i have tiny feet!

You think you have problems? Try finding boots for size 15 feet. If I could attach an audio file you could listen to the sound of me ironically playing a violin in mimicked sympathy. Useless complaints are boring and accomplish nothing. yellowsleep.gif

David_Parker said:

Was it just the store's inventory or are you sure Garmont itself doesn't make a small enough boot. I can find out if you tell me your size. I'm in with the reps. PM me if you need help. Good boots I think.

for a performance fit i need a 22 shell. we called garmont directly after looking at their brochure in the shop. they say the smallest shell they make is a 23, but what's worse is that the smallest shell they make is actually a 24. look at the shell and you will see it says 23/24. they try to squeeze four boot sizes (including half sizes, i mean) into one shell! how bunk is that? hellno3d.gif i did actually try on the 23/24 ... and i was swimming. frown.gif

i also asked the rep last week during our clinic and he said "23" will be the smallest they have next year too. cry.gif

oh, well; i'll live. and garmont won't get any money from me. wave.gif