Funny Post from Rockclimbing.com

RuMR

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Put two days of rest in between your work days...Key is to go until that burn just cooks you between your blades...you have to get to failure...do this for 2 months and i GUARANTEE you that you'll be able to pop significantly more than 1 body weight pullup...keep increasing the weight if you can do more than 10 reps in a set...

I think a climber oughta be able to crack 10 pullups off w/ no sweat as a minimum.... confused.gif

RuMR said:

Put two days of rest in between your work days...Key is to go until that burn just cooks you between your blades...you have to get to failure...do this for 2 months and i GUARANTEE you that you'll be able to pop significantly more than 1 body weight pullup...keep increasing the weight if you can do more than 10 reps in a set...

I think a climber oughta be able to crack 10 pullups off w/ no sweat as a minimum.... confused.gif

I will give it a shot.. thumbs_up.gif

Dr_Flash_Amazing said:

RuMR said:

Whatever...key to superior footwork is TO PULL HARDER... evils3d.gif

Yeah, what's the saying again? Climb harder, not smarter?

yelrotflmao.gif

thumbs_up.gif

I remember back when sharma came on the scene and everyone and their brother was dissin' his shoddy footwork...then he goes and puts down some serious slab routes...shoddy footwork my ass!!! He's got "sufficient" footwork... yellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gif

Muffy - make sure you warm your shoulders up a bit before hitting the weights or doing pullups. Also think about initiating the pull up with the muscles in the mid-back. Don't just pull down hard with your arm/shoulder muscles. This is how I tweaked my rotator cuff. I'd hate to see you sit on the sidelines...

ehmmic said:

Muffy - make sure you warm your shoulders up a bit before hitting the weights or doing pullups. Also think about initiating the pull up with the muscles in the mid-back. Don't just pull down hard with your arm/shoulder muscles. This is how I tweaked my rotator cuff. I'd hate to see you sit on the sidelines...

WILL DO grin.gif THANKS thumbs_up.gif

Shameless chestbeat story:

When I was in the fifth grade living on an American base over in England, we still had to do the Presidential Physical Fitness Test. At any rate, I was a real skinny kid back then (some say I still am). So, you'd think military brats would be in shape. Well, when it was time to do the pull ups test, all the bully-type kids who always thought they were hot stuff would make for the bar and, hanging there, barely manage to eke out one measly pull up. Often, they couldn't even do one. So, up steps me and with will power like no other, I knock out....

.....five.

There's an epilogue (actually two) to the story but it would entail even more chestbeating, so I'll spare you that.

ehmmic said:

This isn't Pilates, this is weight lifting. Pull down on the damn thing. The muscles you don't want to use are your legs, abs, back, and jaw-clenching muscles! You're not going to have a choice which muscles of your arm to use or not!

If you want to avoid injury start slow, and add no more than 15% per week. Alternate pulling down behind your head every once and a while. Sometimes use a wide grip for those underused lower traps. Then do some dips or tripcep curls to balance it out. And stretch your arms and neck when done.

michael_layton said:

This isn't Pilates, this is weight lifting. Pull down on the damn thing. The muscles you don't want to use are your legs, abs, back, and jaw-clenching muscles! You're not going to have a choice which muscles of your arm to use or not!

If you want to avoid injury start slow, and add no more than 15% per week. Alternate pulling down behind your head every once and a while. Sometimes use a wide grip for those underused lower traps. Then do some dips or tripcep curls to balance it out. And stretch your arms and neck when done.

Yeah, maybe it is weightlifting, but poor technique is poor technique and injuries suck. So Muffy initiate the movement with your mid back to support your shoulders. Use your shoulder muscles to complete the pull up, lower with control and hey throw in the abs for support of your back too.

Mike - you trying to fill your patient roster?