• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
AARON1

Anthony Lakes Snowcat Skiing

Has anyone skied with these guys before? I skied at Mt. Bailey a couple of seasons ago. Went down with a group of five and had a great time.

Do you know if it compares to Mt. Bailey? The prices are cheaper but the skiable terrain is less.

Yep totally not worth it to pay for the cat. You can skin up in about 45 mins from the lodge and the whole place is easy to get around. Great skiing terrain up there and the snow is usually lighter than the rest of the state. It's just a bit of a cruise from PDX.

Anthony Lakes Video

Mt. Bailey is fun, a nice hill.

There was a rash of bigfoot sightings in the area around Diamond lake including one reported by a group of skiers on the north side of the mtn.

does A. lakes have that?

there was a full write up of Anthony Lakes in either Powder or Couloir in the last couple years. Positive reviews, for the operation, highly positive reviews of the terrain and wilderness there. If I can remember to, I'll look it up when I go home and tell you which issue to look at.

Bring your skating skiis too, for a morning warm-up. The best groomed cross country ski trails I've found are there. The tracks are very wide, room for trad on both sides and lots of skating room in the middle. There are three increasingly longer loop trails, rolling hills, and you can really move. Then either ride the lifts later in the day, or skin up and climb up into the Elkhorns. Base elevation of the ski area and cc ski area is 7000'. laugh.gif