Utah Powder

mneagle

Alta has had 72 inches so far with a 34-43 inch base and 22 fresh in the last 2 days! We did some snowshoeing up Big Cottonwood Canyon Sunday and the powder was deep, dry and amazingly untouched in the back country. This is only the 8th time since opening that Park City is opening before Thanksgiving. We have all the makings for a banner year.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

splittoe said:

I'll be in Park city this weekend fruit.gif

> 90 inches of powder since oct 30th at Alta...

Baker's got 10 inches of cascade cement last night...

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...CEMENT IS GOOD FOR EARLY SEASON SNOW! It builds base way better than powder. I'd rather have a ton of cement for the first few weeks of the season then cover it up with powder than the other way around.

I think this has the makings of a good year all over the west. This weekend could also be good now that we have a good base dump with snow levels going to 500 feet or 1k.

mneagle said:

Alta has had 72 inches so far with a 34-43 inch base and 22 fresh in the last 2 days! We did some snowshoeing up Big Cottonwood Canyon Sunday and the powder was deep, dry and amazingly untouched in the back country. This is only the 8th time since opening that Park City is opening before Thanksgiving. We have all the makings for a banner year.

fruit.giffruit.giffruit.gif Nice!!! thumbs_up.gif I can't wait to get there... one month and counting... rockband.giffruit.gif