Tua Excalibur as an AT ski

wdietsch

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

i haven't skied 'em myself but a couple friends use them. i see them more as an old skool kinda ski. i think there are better (fatter) choices out there, unless you want to bullshit people and tell them you've been skiing them for 10 years and are too hardman to know what's better about the new-fangled-girlie-man-fancy-graffix gear anyway. hope this helps.

Weren't they made as AT skis in the first place? I have a pair, mounted with telemark bindings, and I have no problem with the float or the turning. I guess I'm one of those old skool hardmen who grouse about not understanding why everybody needs to buy new skis every year.

All in all I'm happy with mine. My set up is excaliburs with silvrettas and lace up mountain boots. As I'm kind of a face plant my way down the hill skier I can't comment on the performance- although I can't complain about it either, they go where I point em. If I were you I'd not pay too much for them as theres obviously better skis out there now. One thing to watch out for is delamination. On one of my skis (the other is fine so far) the PU 'cap' cracked and came loose along the side wall in the binding area, a problem that was easily repaired with epoxy. I did a little research at the time and heard some comments as to it being a problem with the excaliburs with graffics that look kinda like topo maps in purple and black on white. Thats my two cents.