Guys Don't Rock! (men only thread)

layton

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

adventuregal said:

The same question can be asked for ANY sport, really... from my experience in teaching women's clinics, women often need a more supportive enviornment in order to learn and improve. If they're in a group with men, they feel pressured to perform at the level of the males. Some women just need a group they can bond with and who they feel comfortable around. Granted, this does not hold true for all women, this is just from my perspective as a windsurfing instructor...

thumbs_up.gif thanks for a thoughtful answer agal. equestrian sports are dominated by women (in the US). when i was teaching we never had discussions of needing a women's group so i guess it never occurred to me that this might be an issue.

michael_layton said:

Also, their meeting is going to be at some BrewPub! Now think about this guys. A bunch of fit hot climbing Betties are gonna be at a bar and they don't want us there. But are they gonna be the only ones at the bar? Hell no, there will be plenty of gaper and touron dudes there. Why should they get to go home with some lush climbing chick who drank too much? That's not right. If someone's gonna take advantage of these drunk chiquitas, it should be at least some dirt-bag climber who deserves it after soooo many lonely dry years of climbing induced celebacy.

anyways. spray away.

ok- i think this is the biggest myth out there! buncha climbers complaining about not getting laid...it has nothing to do w/climbing. there's plenty of you who are getting some...the rest of you just can't close the deal. get over it! hahaha.gif

erik said:

lummox said:

Muffy_The_Wanker_Sprayer said:

looks like Erik wants a little muffy attention today

erik has a little muffy? que?

I WOULD RATHER REMOVE MY HEAD WITH A SIDE BY SIDE THEN HAVE TO BE NEAR HER IN ANY CAPACITY.

seems if that were realy the case you would ignore me wink.gif

minx said:

adventuregal said:

The same question can be asked for ANY sport, really... from my experience in teaching women's clinics, women often need a more supportive enviornment in order to learn and improve. If they're in a group with men, they feel pressured to perform at the level of the males. Some women just need a group they can bond with and who they feel comfortable around. Granted, this does not hold true for all women, this is just from my perspective as a windsurfing instructor...

thumbs_up.gif thanks for a thoughtful answer agal. equestrian sports are dominated by women (in the US). when i was teaching we never had discussions of needing a women's group so i guess it never occurred to me that this might be an issue.

omfg. this is the kina shit myth perpetuated in school systems. just get on with life already. do what you want. dont overanalyze. dint that dude from tibet have something to say about 'selfimportance'? the_finger.gif

minx said:

whoa lummox! actually i agree with you...but agal actually provided a thoughtful answer so she gets the thumbs_up.gif i've never understood the need for women's groups but i am a sample of one so i appreciate the comment from another female.

Maybe it's just the climber chicks I know, but I tend to think of a women's climbing group as about as neccessary as a women's weightlifting support group. These are not shy, helpless women by any means. grin.gif

minx said:

whoa lummox! actually i agree with you...but agal actually provided a thoughtful answer so she gets the thumbs_up.gif i've never understood the need for women's groups but i am a sample of one so i appreciate the comment from another female.

I agree with you here minx. I am not generaly intimidated by being arround men, nor do I feel like I need to have my hair fixed or my make up just right. In referance to Agal, I can't even usualy compete with other woman in sports realted ways, comming in last is not a big deal to me. I work as hard as I can, and don't worry about what other people are doing.

badvoodoo said:

minx said:

Maybe it's just the climber chicks I know, but I tend to think of a women's climbing group as about as neccessary as a women's weightlifting support group. These are not shy, helpless women by any means. grin.gif

It's a front.

this is what they are up to:

lesbotage (n) "lez - bo - taj"

A nefarious plot in which two lesbians get their kicks by flirting with a clueless guy all night, and then go home without him.

QUESTION: "Did you get her digits?"

ANSWER: "No, I was lesbotaged."

adventuregal said:

So true. Climbing is not something you should learn from your boyfriend ar girlfriend. It could end the relationship or your life.

I knew a guy that would NEVER make rude comments about BIG WOMEN, so I asked him why. He told me that he had gotten really blasted one night went into a black out and woke up the next AM next to the Good Year Blimp. He wasn't quick enough to escape and ended up doing the dirty deed several more times before, Yes Breakfast!!! I guess she was huuuungry after their busy night. Funny thing I never saw this guy get realy drunk like I did in the early days of our friendship. Guess he did not want to wake up next to Big Bertha again. yelrotflmao.gif