we'll be skiing next week

JoshK

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

on the topic of early and late season skiing i think the turns all year crowd could be considered a bit excessive but the early season skiing is a more balanced outlook on the winter season. Who wouldn't want to get a jump on the season and refresh the muscle memory and balance? I have already been skiing on good snow this month, and I drove my car to it.

Like AlpineK said, the skier who isn't skiing in November is playing catch up in January. And Mattp had it spot on with the late season skiing as well. The snow is great right into summer. and Cracked moon.gif you greenhorn! Whoops!back on topic, ski tours in late April, May and June offer some great snow and crevasse field conditions and with much better weather and daylight than skiing in January. Midwinter offers up a crazy combination of heavy snow loads, unpredictable storm patterns and short daylight hours that makes winter ski mountaineering around here a pretty demanding endeavour. at times. But very enjoyable, the blisse of the glisse, most of the time.

Skiing in September is a bit contrived. But winter is here now to cover up all the peaks, why not go out and enjoy it? And as for the skiing next week, who wants to go up to Chinook Pass on Monday? I've got to work Sat-Sun.

so like cracked said at 10:38 on Friday night, when he should have been out having fun and making friends:

I appreciate your opinion. I'll try to use your constructive criticism to better myself.

When have YOU ever offered constructive criticism on this board, boy?

You only ski powder and corn?

No, but that’s the goal, too bad you haven’t figured it out yet.

If I'd been skiing long enough then I'd know that I don't know anything? Interesting.

Odd that you’re so unlearned that you’ve never heard this paradox in your life before. Indeed the more we learn, the more we realize how little we know. You are typical of the selfish, feed-me-good-grades university student.

overall, thanks for the support. ASSHOLE.

When have you ever behaved in a manner that deserves support on this board?

…note that Erock's post is WAAAAAY more negative, heated, and insulting than mine. wazzup.gif

I’m calling you on your shit, exactly like you attempted to call me on mine. The difference is, I know what I’m talking about.

Alpine Forecast for Whistler - Blackcomb looks pretty good to me:

Tonight..Snow Tapering To A Few Flurries Overnight. Alpine Low Minus 5.

Snowfall Accumulation 3 To 5 Cm.

Sunday..Snow Heavy At Times. Fog Patches. Alpine High Minus 2.

Snowfall Accumulation 10 To 15 Cm.

Freezing Level..1500 Metres This Afternoon And 1200 Metres Tonight And Sunday.

Mountain Top Winds..South 30 To 40 Km/H.

Extended Forecast For Whistler - Blackcomb.

Monday.. Snow. Snowfall Accumulation 10 To 15 Cm.

Freezing Level 1250 Metres.

Tuesday.. Snow. Snowfall Accumulation 15 To 25 Cm.

Freezing Level 1600 Metres.

Wednesday.. Cloudy. 70 Percent Chance Of Flurries. Snowfall Accumulation Trace To 1 Cm. Freezing Level 750 Metres.

fruit.giffruit.giffruit.gif

Not a bad start, I'd say cool.gif