D-Town Guide

Peter_Puget

Incredibly irritated at work, I decided to take a five minute break to write this first blush review of the groovy new Darrington Guide.

My computer at home is an older machine running Win98. Upon seeing the guide I noticed that there were no minimum equipment/software requirements listed. I slipped the disk in and the guide started right up.

First impressions:

- Typically great Whitelaw graphics: Not your usual dry guide but not as flamboyant as Private Dancer. Topos can be printed out to stick in your pocket a very nice feature.

- Super photo quality: A combination of old and new. Some photos made a route look super good but when looked at the description it turned out that the route only received a couple stars. Really nice pics!

- Intuitive navigation structure: I only spent 30 late night minutes looking through the guide, so I am sure I do not know all the features but I felt as if I could easily find any information I wanted.

- Easy to print non-disk guide as well.

- Topos: Topos looked great and ratings consistent with my experience there.

Tonight I intend to go home and watch some movies!

I should also add that there are pictures of several cc.comers in the guide!

PP bigdrink.gif

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Dave's new guidebook, it lists the first ascent party for Jacob's Ladder as "Matt Perkins and the universe." I am somewhat embarrassed, but I went up there so many times with so many different people that I can't remember who all helped with the project. Among those who went up there to work on it with me are Todd Budden, Rod Fox, Chris Greyell, Jason Gunderson, Mark Hanna, Jeff Hansel, Erik Neumann, Dave Schuldt, Erik Snyder, and Chuck Spiekerman. Who else did I forget? Mr. Berdinka - did you go up there and work on it with me, or simply cruise it after it was done?

chuckp4.jpg