The Sawtooths

wscottf

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

be sure to get ahold of a guide to the local hot springs. you'll be in prime territory there.

I noticed a few bolts on some boulders west of town on Warm Springs Road when I was working out there a few years ago. Looked like 2 or 3 bolt routes about 20 ft high. Better to hit the Sawtooths...check out Elephants Perch.

you'll have no shortage of great climbing in the area. go pick up some books and go for it. elephants perch was my first multipitch climb. it's still a favorite. in fact i was recently talking to someone about going over and climbing it again sometime next year. have fun!

you've probably found these by now but here's a few links

climbing idaho

a few links

idaho forum

shop

wscottf said:

In two weeks I'll be moving to Ketchum, Idaho. I'm wondering if anyone knows of good climbs over there?

You'll be close to the Perch. But I reckon it's already closed down by cold weather and snow. But there's warm basalt sport climbs to the south that are great through the winter anytime there's a persistent high pressure front. PM me for info and possibly climbing together.