NF Hood photos

David_Parker

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cooper Spur would NOT be a fun descent right now. There simply isn't enough snow cover. You'd either have to do a lot of chossy downclimbing or rap it.

Sunshine was the descent we did two weeks and wasn't much fun either--lots of downclimbing and traversing but the ice was bomber.

Like shred said, a bit more snow cover than we had. Too bad the weather is crapping out. I'd like to do that route again.

wow, the pix of that twisted tower, on the elliot headwall side just a few hundred feet below the summit made it look much cooler than when we were up there

wish i could return meself...think i'll have to get a handle on being a father first...that shouldn't take too long, should it?

Couldn't view the pics but a "warped ward" and I did the route on friday morning and had great weather too once we climbed above the clouds onto the elliot. The route was the best climb I have done on Hood or on any of the cascades for that matter. No drama really for us. We simply followed their tracks up to the glacier. After doing this route all I really have left on Hood is Yokum and the black spider and I doubt they will be the quality this route had as far as fun climbing and aesthetics. I doubt this route will be in season again until next year but it should be on your 'to do' list. If I get time I'll give a little longer Trip Report later.