war

erik

War

Until the philosophy which hold one race superiorAnd anotherInferiorIs finallyAnd permanentlyDiscreditedAnd abandoned -Everywhere is war -Me say war.

That until there no longerFirst class and second class citizens of any nationUntil the colour of a man's skinIs of no more significance than the colour of his eyes -Me say war.

That until the basic human rightsAre equally guaranteed to all,Without regard to race -Dis a war.

That until that dayThe dream of lasting peace,World citizenshipRule of international moralityWill remain in but a fleeting illusion to be pursued,But never attained -Now everywhere is war - war.

And until the ignoble and unhappy regimesthat hold our brothers in Angola,In Mozambique,South AfricaSub-human bondageHave been toppled,Utterly destroyed -Well, everywhere is war -Me say war.

War in the east,War in the west,War up north,War down south -War - war -Rumours of war.And until that day,The African continentWill not know peace,We Africans will fight - we find it necessary -And we know we shall winAs we are confidentIn the victory

Of good over evil -Good over evil, yeah!Good over evil -Good over evil, yeah!Good over evil -Good over evil, yeah!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom Dooley

CHORUS:

Hang down your head, Tom Dooley

Hang down your head and cry

Hang down your head, Tom Dooley

Poor boy you¹re bound to die

I met her on the mountain

There I took her life

Met her on the mountain

Stabbed her with my knife

CHORUS

This time tomorrow

Reckon where I¹ll be

If it hadn'¹t been for Grayson

I¹'d been in Tennessee

CHORUS

This time tomorrow

Reckon where I¹ll be

Down in some lonesome valley

Hanging from a white oak tree

CHORUS

Standing on the moon, got no cobwebs on my shoes,Standing on the moon, I'm feeling so alone and blue.

See the gulf of Mexico, as tiny as a tear.The coast of California must be somewhere over here.Over here.

Standing on the moon, I see the battle rage below,Standing on the moon, I see the soldiers come and go.

There's a metal flag beside me, someone planted long ago.Old Glory standing stiffly, crimson, white and indigo.Old Glory standing stiffly, crimson, white and indigo.Indigo.

I see all of South East Asia, I can see El Salvador.I hear the cries of children, and other songs of war.

It's like a mighty melody, that rings out from the sky.Standing here upon the moon,I watch it all roll by, all roll by, all roll by, all roll by.

Standing on the moon, I see a shadow on the sun.Standing on the moon, the stars go fading one by on.

I can hear a cry of victory, another of defeat.A scrap of age-old lullaby, down some forgotten street.

Standing on the moon, where talk is cheap and vision true.Standing on the moon, but I would rater be with you.

Somewhere in San Francisco, on a back porch in July.Just looking up to heaven at this crescent in the sky.In the sky.

Standing on the moon, with nothing left to do.A lovely view of heaven, but I'd rather be with you.A lovely view of heaven, but I'd rather be with you.Be with you, be with you, be with you, be with you.Rather be with you, be with you, be with you, be with you.

O say, can you see by the dawns early lightWhat so proudly we hailed,at the twilight's last gleamingWhose broad stripes and bright stars,throught the perilous fightO'er the ramparts we watch'd, were so gallantly streaming?

And the rockets red glare, the bombs bursting in air,gave proof through the night that our flag was still there.

O say, does that star spangled banner yet waveO'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

[ 03-25-2002: Message edited by: Fairweather ]

oh mother earthwith your fields of greenonce more laid down by the hungry handhow long can you give and not receive and feed this world ruled by greedand feed this world ruled by greed

Oh ball of firein the summer skyyour healing light your parade of daysare they betrayed by the men of powerwho hold this world in their changing hands

Oh freedom land can you let this go?Down to the street where the numbers growrespect mother earth and her giving waysor trade away our childrens days.Respect mother earth and her healing waysor trade away our childrens days.

When I was a young man I carried my packAnd I lived the free life of a roverFrom the Murrays green basin to the dusty outbackI waltzed my Matilda all overThen in nineteen fifteen my country said SonIt's time to stop rambling 'cause there's work to be doneSo they gave me a tin hat and they gave me a gunAnd they sent me away to the warAnd the band played Waltzing MatildaAs we sailed away from the quayAnd amidst all the tears and the shouts and the cheersWe sailed off to Gallipoli

How well I remember that terrible dayHow the blood stained the sand and the waterAnd how in that hell that they called Suvla BayWe were butchered like lambs at the slaughterJohnny Turk he was ready, he primed himself wellHe chased us with bullets, he rained us with shellsAnd in five minutes flat he'd blown us all to hellNearly blew us right back to AustraliaBut the band played Waltzing MatildaAs we stopped to bury our slainWe buried ours and the Turks buried theirsThen we started all over again

Now those that were left, well we tried to surviveIn a mad world of blood, death and fireAnd for ten weary weeks I kept myself aliveBut around me the corpses piled higherThen a big Turkish shell knocked me arse over titAnd when I woke up in my hospital bedAnd saw what it had done, I wished I was deadNever knew there were worse things than dyingFor no more I'll go waltzing MatildaAll around the green bush far and nearFor to hump tent and pegs, a man needs two legsNo more waltzing Matilda for me

So they collected the cripples, the wounded, the maimedAnd they shipped us back home to AustraliaThe armless, the legless, the blind, the insaneThose proud wounded heroes of SuvlaAnd as our ship pulled into Circular QuayI looked at the place where my legs used to beAnd thank Christ there was nobody waiting for meTo grieve and to mourn and to pityAnd the band played Waltzing MatildaAs they carried us down the gangwayBut nobody cheered, they just stood and staredThen turned all their faces away

And now every April I sit on my porchAnd I watch the parade pass before meAnd I watch my old comrades, how proudly they marchReliving old dreams of past gloryAnd the old men march slowly, all bent, stiff and soreThe forgotten heroes from a forgotten warAnd the young people ask, "What are they marching for?"And I ask myself the same questionAnd the band plays Waltzing MatildaAnd the old men answer to the callBut year after year their numbers get fewerSome day no one will march there at all

Waltzing Matilda, Waltzing MatildaWho'll come a waltzing Matilda with meAnd their ghosts may be heard as you pass the BillabongWho'll come-a-waltzing Matilda with me?

I am on the rock and then I check a stockI have to run like a fugitive to save the life I liveI'm gonna be Iron like a Lion in Zion (repeat)Iron Lion ZionI'm on the run but I ain't got no gunSee they want to be the starSo they fighting tribal warAnd they saying Iron like a Lion in ZionIron like a Lion in Zion,Iron Lion Zion

I'm on the rock, (running and you running)I take a stock, (running like a fugitive)I had to run like a fugitive just to save the life I liveI'm gonna be Iron like a Lion in Zion (repeat)Iron Lion Zion, Iron Lion Zion, Iron Lion Zion Iron like a Lion in Zion, Iron like a Lion in Zion Iron like a Lion in Zion

cool.gif" border="0

Sister Christian, oh the time has comeAnd you know that you're the only one to sayOkay Where you goin', what you looking for?You know those boys don't want to play no more with youIt's true

You're motoringWhat's your price for flight,And finding Mister Right?You'll be all right tonight

Babe, you know you're growing up so fastAnd momma's worrying that you won't last to sayLet's play

Sister Christian, there's so much in lifeDon't you give it up before your time is dueIt's trueIt's true (Yeah)

You're motoringYou've got him in your sightsAnd driving through the nightYou're motoringWhat's your price for flight,And finding Mister Right?You'll be all right tonight

You're motoringWhat's your price for flight,And finding Mister Right?You'll be all right tonightYou're motoringWhat's your price for flight,And finding Mister Right?You'll be all right...Tonight

Sister Christian, oh the time has comeAnd you know that you're the only one to sayOkayBut you're motoringYeah, motoring

Dark and lonely is the savage night

Kill my landlord, kill my landlord

Watchdog barking-- do he bite?

Open he window, break he neck

Then his house I start to wreck

Got no reason-- what the heck!

C-I-L-L my landlord. cool.gif" border="0