Nice Earthquake!

Alex

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty bad shaker. I work in Pioneer Square and just casually noticed as I was strolling outside the 10 story building were I work that the sidewalk had dropped away from the foundation about 4 inches. Hmmm.... I wonder if Thin Fingers will turn to Phat Hands.

Erik - When you and Mike were at Index on Monday, did you happen to come across a yellow Metoulis TCU. I think I forget mine there on Sunday underneath Godzilla. Thanks.

Who's Jason Shea?

I think Alex removed his post because it was dissing me for posting the same message 3 times while the phone lines were down after the quake and the board wasn't updating. Once I changed them to different jokes he removed his dis.

I was up taking pictures around Index today, and stopped by the lower town wall. There were two guys there who were climbing when the quake happened and they say that a sixty by thirty foot block fell off the lower town wall.

yeah colin that was mike. he just told that there were some idiots from seattle that started climbing after the rock fall. if you know these people please kick them in the head. as they obviously want it.

and the block fell off in the quarry.

timl sorry but no tcu

[This message has been edited by erik (edited 02-28-2001).]

I work in pioneer squared. The building that houses the popular club 'Fenix Underground' sustained MAJOR damage, the roof and a wall collapsed. Many building have brick facade that has peeled off. This definitely makes it on my top 10 scary things list, well below peeling off a giant flake on the Girth Pillar.

you notice how excited all the canadians got after the eartquake. their just jelous that they didn't have their own. once again the domination by america shines through! rolleyes.gif

you know dru if you all had hand guns you would want to rape & pillage too.

i just keep wondering why everyone always claim seattle is better then tacoma. no riots in tacoma, no buildings fell down, no weak mayor and police chiefs in tacoma, everything is cheaper in tacoma, the only thing seattle has over tacoma is you are twenty minutes closer to index.

i think i just typed several ramdon unrelated topics all in one. wicked....dude!

I think Lyle got excited because he was worried the shaking might knock down his latest project before he could climb it. As for getting rowdy I quote you this excellent phrase from A history of the Central Interior of British Columbia "The Canadians celebrated their New Year in the traditional fashion - drinking and fighting". It's just that nowadays we tend to do it on the rink instead of in the streets!

I work in a large manufacturing plant about 45 miles south of Seattle. Boy did that building shake. People freakin too. It was quite an exciting time. I was waiting for a big lahar from Rainier to come down the valley but it never happened. Off work early now. Hope everyone is safe . Ed