easy meals

freeclimb9

quote:

Originally posted by lizard brain:
Am I the only one that doesn't cook on trips anymore? I eat only cold stuff, and leave the stove at home unless it is absolutely necessary for melting snow. I find it hard for me to eat when I'm working hard anyway, so I pretty much have to force myself to eat on trips. So for any early morning summit day, for me it's a Cliff bar and a couple of Vivarin for breakfast, Gu all day, and dinner in town.

theres medication for that....though i think you need to find a specific doctor for the scrip..... cool.gif" border="0

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've recently discovered that you can get Philadelphia Cream Cheese in single serve packets at Costco. Of course, being Costco, you have to get an econo-size bag of them, but they're a great idea for taking with for bagels or making a creamy type sauce for noodles, etc.

Lizardbrain - you must be skinnnnnnnnnnnny!

quote:

Originally posted by moonchild:

Lizardbrain - you must be skinnnnnnnnnnnny!

Not really (I'm workin' on it tho...). On day trips I bring a can of Pringles and some other junk food....And snowshoe trips I generally bring QFC sushi - good for winter trips, but it gets pretty ripe in the summer. And I won't go into what I eat at home, for the sake of staying more or less on topic (and noone gives a shit!)...

[ 03-28-2002: Message edited by: lizard brain ]

I make curries or some other stew with beans, veggies and meat. Toss in food dryer, when dry add cos cos ar bulgar wheat, toss into 1 ziploc bag. At camp boil water, add dryed stew, bring to boil again, remove from heat, wrap in jacket and wait about 1/2 hour. Useses verry little fuel and is easy. All in one pot is the way to go. may need to heat for a few minutes after sitting. CHOW DOWN.