Where's the STOKE!

E-rock

Comeon you guys! Nobodies been getting jazzed about the upcoming season lately. All this gear talk is uber-boring. Post some pics, some links some videos, some radar screens, whatever it takes. I"m to busy to ski right now anyway, but I know the snow is coming. It's just heading south right now, it'll be here.

gal10_new.jpg

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lambone said:

the ashlnd liberals are against the expansion

Boy-howdy, and there is a lot of lib down there too... ashland is like the eugene of southern oregon... course I'm from eugene, and I would push for epantion. I mean they already use a lot of the mountain, might as well use all of it... there is talk of an expantion on willamette pass too...

Hey rbw,

You might get some good turns in at the highest elevations around here. Mt. Mclaughlin, Brown Mt., Mt Ashland, and Mt Shasta will be your best bet.

Keep in mind this was our first real snowfall, so you will be skiing on top of volcanic shale with a 17" base, possibly less since it may have melted some. Expect pretty wet snow, which makes for a good base, but less than good turns.

On Sunday my wife and I drove up to Mt. Ashland with our mountain bikes (14 mile downhill singletrack to our doorstep)...

But with almost 2 ft in the parking lot we felt pretty stupid. People were pulling skis and boards off their cars and here we are with bikes...everyone was laughing at us. I pulled a U and gunned it through the wet snow outa there. What a gaper move! Thats ok, 500ft lower we were ripping moist mud. bigdrink.gif