Matrix Revolutions

EWolfe

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They completely dropped every single philosophical twist from the second movie -- as in didn't even deal with it, just left it hanging. The special effects were nice, but the core of these movies were a lot more than just flash. They completely bailed on what made these movies more than just a CGI-fest. This movie was no better than those awful Star Wars I & II movies -- all flash and no substance. I wanted this movie to be so much more than that, like the other two were. And that was the absolute cheesiest ending I've ever seen.

Ratboy said:

They completely dropped every single philosophical twist from the second movie -- as in didn't even deal with it, just left it hanging. The special effects were nice, but the core of these movies were a lot more than just flash. They completely bailed on what made these movies more than just a CGI-fest. This movie was no better than those awful Star Wars I & II movies -- all flash and no substance. I wanted this movie to be so much more than that, like the other two were. And that was the absolute cheesiest ending I've ever seen.

I beg to differ.. the ending for GREASE is the cheasiest ending EVER tongue.gif

Dru said:

Judging by the trailer the upcoming movies "Torque" and 'The Alamo" are gonna be even worse suck fests than Independence Day! rolleyes.gif

It's gonna be REAAALLLY hard to top the stellar b-movie actor list of Independence day. Besides, Event Horizon lowered the bar impressively for bad movies. Gonna be hard to beat that one.

I agree, go see the movie. The battle scene in The Dock alone is worth the price of admission -- one of the best I've seen. But don't go in expecting there to be any kind of resolution or closure for the story or the questions raised in the previous movies. There isnt' any. Just sit back and enjoy the action.

And speaking of bad acting, how in the world did Keanu become an A-list actor? He's been terrible in everything since Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure.

Ratboy said:

I agree, go see the movie. The battle scene in The Dock alone is worth the price of admission -- one of the best I've seen. But don't go in expecting there to be any kind of resolution or closure for the story or the questions raised in the previous movies. There isnt' any. Just sit back and enjoy the action.

And speaking of bad acting, how in the world did Keanu become an A-list actor? He's been terrible in everything since Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure.

UMM I think you missed the whole point of the movie... there isn't any. THATS IT wink.gif

what I was trying to say here is that in real life there is no narator that comes over the loud speaker and makes it all make sense when you die. There is no ribbion to tie up the messieness of life with.

Edited by Muffy_The_Wanker_Sprayer

Don't rent it. Ignore it. Pretend like it doesn't exist. And while your at it pretend like the second movie doesn't exist either.

It's really hard for me to understand how anyone could like the third movie. There were a few interesting things in the second, but really almost nothing in the third. I guess if you really like people whispering to each other, underdeveloped characters, an extremely drawn out and boring death scene for one of the characters, lots of people who are going to be killed by machines in "just a few hours" but don't really seem to do anything about it, and an extremely sappy and sentimental ending... Maybe you might like it.

The movie is not just bad, it's BORING and bad. When Neo disappears for about a half hour of the film, I don't care, because by that time I could care less about him anymore.

The movie just plain sucks.

Jason

If you've seen the first 2 I don't see how you can skip the third, you have to see how it ends. I thought it was worth watching, no great but I've seen plenty worse than that. In retrospect I think the first one was the best. I'm anxiously awaiting "The Return of the King." Agree w/ Dru (or whoever that was) "Torque" looks horrible, lowering the bar from "The Fast and the Furious" type of movies quite a bit.