Question for everyone out there...

RuMR

How many of you would post some of the stuff you post if you weren't anonymous? Ie, the rampant insulting, threats of physical violence, etc.? For the life of me, i haven't seen this in the REAL climbing community...yeah sure, every now and then someone swipes quickdraws, and the culprit is found and confronted...but in general, even when discussing stuff like bolting ethics, people are more polite and civil when in real life...

The funny thing is, posting on the internet is full on WRITTEN and documented...etched in stone as it were...

It seems that folks that are not incognito, are generally more polite and civil.

FWIW, my name is Rudy Ruana, hence my log-in name. My email is real.

Here comes the flames...

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just kidding the_finger.gif

Hell, what I say here is pretty much what I would say anywhere... my thoughts are my thoughts written or spoken... my email is my email, my login matches my email, but hey, my name is michael carter. i feel like we are at a meeting going around the room introducing ourselves to each other. hi wave.gif

rr666 said:

just kidding the_finger.gif

Hell, what I say here is pretty much what I would say anywhere... my thoughts are my thoughts written or spoken... my email is my email, my login matches my email, but hey, my name is michael carter. i feel like we are at a meeting going around the room introducing ourselves to each other. hi wave.gif

Nice to meet ya...

well i am fucked then...and people wonder why i am leaving the state!!!

but i have always thought the annoymous hate bullshit is/was really pathetic on anyones part. avatars are for the weak. if you feel the need to hide your identity to say something then why say it all? obviously you are not proud or wanting to take responsibility for your actions.....

and by the way my name is Baabo Nongato-Flores. nice to meet you rudy!

cracked said:

Hell, half of us AREN'T anonymous. And I know that most of the people who claim to hate me online (excepting Erik) would shake my hand and act quite normal in real life. wave.gif

MY NAME IS BAABO NAGTAO-FLORES

AND I ALREADY SHOOK YOUR H AND THEIR KIDDO....SAME TIME I SET UP THE PUB CLUB SO YOU AND DISTEL COULD COME......

NOW COME ON WITH THE GRUDGE THING.......IT WILL MAKE YOUR HAIR GRAY EARLY!!!

boxing_smiley.gif

My name is Barrister Momoh Sanni Momoh of Nigeria. Good day to you, I would here crave your distinguished indulgence. It is with my profound dignity that I write you. It is with deep sense of purpose and utmost sincerity that I write this letter to you knowing full well how you will feel as regards to receiving a mail from somebody you have not met or seen before. There is no need to fear, I got your address from a business directory which lends credence to my humble belief. I also assure you of my honesty and trustworthiness. Please send me all your cash.

I still haven't met you yet, Muffy!!! cry.gifwave.gif

I personally like a little bit of anonimity on the internet. Because I mean, really, who knows what kind of people are on the other end of the screen? I guess on a site like this, where many people know eachother in person, its not such a big deal. But I still try to keep the details of my real life to myself. Tho I always use my real name with PMs... so I suppose I am contradicting myself... Who knows?! cantfocus.gif

adventuregal said:

I personally like a little bit of anonimity on the internet. Because I mean, really, who knows what kind of people are on the other end of the screen? I guess on a site like this, where many people know eachother in person, its not such a big deal. But I still try to keep the details of my real life to myself. Tho I always use my real name with PMs... so I suppose I am contradicting myself... Who knows?! cantfocus.gif

yup thumbs_up.gif

hi my name is jane smith

Interesting question RuMR.

I've often wondered what several individuals are like. The 3 or 4 that I've met are just like they are on the site, pretty nice folks. But I've yet to meet the hardcore sprayer/chestbeater types. I try to keep the BS to a minimum, but I agree with whoever said that sometimes it gets pretty funny. I also agree with Adventure Gal, who fucking knows what some of these lurkers are actually like in reality? But by and large, I think a majority of the people here are not assholes. I could be wrong, as sometimes the spray gets pretty acerbic.

Funny, I do the same thing as AG, I always put my real name in my pms! hmmm.......

minx said:

adventuregal said:

yup thumbs_up.gif

hi my name is jane smith

yellaf.gifyellaf.gif And here the whole time i thought i had you pegged as Jane Doe...

RuMR said:

minx said:

adventuregal said:

yup thumbs_up.gif

hi my name is jane smith

yellaf.gifyellaf.gif And here the whole time i thought i had you pegged as Jane Doe...

yellaf.gif Doe is my maiden name. maybe i should hyphenate Jane Doe-Smith