Lightweight Randonnee Boots Dynafit VS Scarpa?

erewhon

Looking for an ultralight pair of boots for 70% touring/30% skiing. Looking at the competition, it looks to come down to the Dynafit TLT 4 Pro and the Scarpa Laser both with the thermo liners.

Has anyone had any experience with the Dynafit? Is it powerfull enough for pushing the ******* cascade crud? Either is warm enough for expedition use, but how to size for altitude/touring comfort while still being able to crank is the question!

Any other ideas?

THE SNOWS COMING SOON...I PROMISE...(snow dance)-->> fruit.gif

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay so I tried both the TLT 4 and the new Laser and at a size 11 they are believe it or not only 3.5 oz diffent!

What the hell?!

Do people go with the Dynafits just to look like Sting or am I missing something? The Lasers look heavier than they are. Kinda pisses one off. hellno3d.gif

3.5oz? So the manufacturers have it all wrong? I did a quick google and the Lasers came in at 8lb 13oz, with the TLT4 at 6lb and TLT4 Pro at 6lb something ounces. Maybe you meant to type 35 ounces as the difference?

The lightest ones were the MLT400 or something like that, off the life-link.com website. Around four or five pounds.

Not a typo...3.50 ounces different. All the flippin' gear guides are smokin crack or weighing oversized shells, etc.

The Lasers look much heavier, but they simply are not. Does anyone know of a RELIABLE company that weighs thier stock of BC gear? I know pro mountain does this, but they dont have ski equipment. Anyone know how to lighten the Lasers a few ounces so that I can piss off some more Dynafit gurus? cry.gif

I have an older version of the Lazer called the Tambo and it is a pretty damn good boot, well balanced between performance downhill, performance touring, and weight.

I'd say take a scale in with you or ask to use the shop's postal or mail scale.

wave.gif

I think the weights on the BD site are all in size 8, kind of small size, but it is clearly listed.

erewhon said:

Not a typo...3.50 ounces different. All the flippin' gear guides are smokin crack or weighing oversized shells, etc.

The Lasers look much heavier, but they simply are not. Does anyone know of a RELIABLE company that weighs thier stock of BC gear? I know pro mountain does this, but they dont have ski equipment. Anyone know how to lighten the Lasers a few ounces so that I can piss off some more Dynafit gurus? cry.gif

Marmot weighs lots of their gear and they have a scale in the store that is pretty accurate you can use (and they carry the boots you are talking about).

Dustin_B said:

I just bought a pair of the new Lasers (thermo-fit liners) and weighed them on my digital scale at home. They weigh 3.51 kg (7.74 lbs) for a size 11. My scale is quite accurate.

Thats odd 'cause I just bought size 11's as well and according to the USPS post scale they are 6lb 12oz with Superfeet insoles. I dont know where approximately 1 whole pound couldve been missed between yours and mine! Either way theyre much better with the reinforcement of the liners. boxing_smiley.gif