Any good books?

randygoat

I don't know if this should be under Newbies or not , but does anybody know of any good books on climbing in the North West? Not guide books, or how tos, but some good tales of climbing.

I don't know if it is just a different market being in the East, but most of the books that I find in the stores are all on either the Alps, The Himalaya, and a few on Alaska. Is there anything out there on climbing adventures in the Cascades?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

In Oregon High (a 1990 climbing guide for the oregon cascades) the author mentions he wished he had more space to include all the history he had come across while researching the routes, perhaps in a second book. Jeff Thomas if you are listening I'd love to see that book someday!

wazzumountaineer said:

Challenge of Rainier by Molenaar. nice bit of history. kind of boring at times though.

I had a hard time getting through Molenaar's book. I read it the first year I had begun climbing, so I had no knowledge of the geography of Rainier to put anything into context. I would recommend reading Gator's book first to get oriented.