F.Y.I. Jim birdwell at Bellevue Marmot tonight

djd

While out driving in our current snow storm, I went by Marmot and decided I had enough of the crappy traffic and stopped in. It turns out Jim birdwell is going to give slide show this evening on some of his climbs. He was standing around looking bored so I went up and talked with him for a few minutes. Nice guy, amazing climbs. Anyways if you are in the area, stop by. You can call marmot for more details (425.453.1515).

David

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by AlpineK:
Jim's climbed some bad ass stuff, and I'm sure he's a nice guy, but his presentations suck.

Unless you like looking at
all
the photos from the trip including the stop at Costco before the trip.

Check it out, but remember you've been warned.
wink.gif" border="0

Maybe Bridwell got a Costco sponsorship? And that is sneaky product placement?

I just saw Charlies slide show. I also saw JB's slide show that Jason saw. While CF's show wasn't supper dupper it was at least 1,000 times better than JB's last year.

Don't get me wrong I respect JB, but his presentation skills are atrocious.

[ 03-21-2002: Message edited by: AlpineK ]

quote:

Originally posted by AlpineK:
I just saw Charlies slid show. I also saw JB's slide show that Jason saw. While CF's show wasn't supper dupper it was at least 1,000 times better than JB's last year.

Don't get me wrong I respect JB, but his presentation skills ar atrocious.

Amen to that. Awesome climber, looks like a great time, but crikey! My eyes were getting droopy for a couple of minutes halfway into the second reel.

quote:

Originally posted by Elvis:
Don't be dissing on the Bird, that's like making fun of Muhammad Ali.
mad.gif" border="0

Dude nobody's dissin JB as a climber. I'm just saying you might want to save your $6 so you can buy a book about JB written by someone other than JB. wink.gif" border="0

I thought the show was great. He does have a deadpan kind of voice, but I actually like hearing about the pro or lack of it on every pitch. He seemed to remember every placement, especially on some flaky A4 climbing in the "ice chimneys". Fascinating! But I did see a lot of nodder-offers snoozing then jerking awake grin.gif" border="0

--Michael