I shouldn't even be walking

layton

michael_layton said:

Yeah, I hiked the AT a long time ago. I'm sure the PCT is WAY more scenic and adventuresome, and the CDT sounds pretty hard core thumbs_up.gif. Either way, it's way too much hiking for me anymore. Props to your buddy. He needs to learn how to climb, however, so he can fuck up his shoulders and neck to match his probably fucked up knees and lower back.

I went as Kevin Bacon last night and did a little footloose action cuz I totally forgot fruit.gif. Whoops. Luckilly there's a little chemical called alchohol that dulls the pain and the senses bigdrink.gifthumbs_up.gif

Muffy, thanks for the dinner offer HCL.gif! After thanksgiving or before? Boy, I'd like love a nice meal. I'm getting way sick of lucky charms and peanut butter sandwiches thumbs_down.gif Maybe we can play an excrutiatingly boring game of monopoly with the chilins and drink some hot Gluvein? rockband.gif

Mikey, you can come for dinner ANY DAY!! you just let me know when you can come down. And for reals I think I am going to throw a little party in december grin.gif

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

michael_layton said:

So i get my feet x-rayed today and the doc tells me my 2nd metatarsal hasn't even fused together yet (i.e. it's still broken),

So you got an extra foot bone. If your foot works, use it.

Doctors often give pessimistic advice about recovery/rehab to motivate the patient. Sometimes you have to pay them to do it, but nothing works better than hearing, "You'll probably never walk again."

It can help to get that second opinion. When I broke my heel bone the young doc said I should walk on it, but the nurse looked surprised and as I was leaving there was some kind of conference and the doc came back and said he should have told me to not walk on it. Bit of a difference.

michael_layton said:

The thing is that I have ZERO pain most of the time. When i do it's not much and isn't sharp or localized.

Also I've done like 200 pitches since I broke my feet and lots and lots of slogging. This is why I am begining to seriously doubt my Doc.

Anyways, I am keeping off of them (except I went bouldering today the_finger.gif in the gym...he he) until I find out for sure.

Catbirdseat, are you a doc?

No, I'm not a doctor, I've just absorbed a lot of medical knowledge by osmosis. If I were you, I'd trust my doctor, but try suggesting my idea and see if he goes for it.