I shouldn't even be walking

layton

So i get my feet x-rayed today and the doc tells me my 2nd metatarsal hasn't even fused together yet (i.e. it's still broken), so I was told to wear a walking cast on my right foot and don't do anything to flex my feet. No Biking. No hiking. No excessive walking. No stairmaster. No spin cycle. No Hockey. NO FUCKING CLIMBING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cry.gif I've been hitting it hard for like 3 months of climbing since the accident. WTF??? Guess I'm just too aggro brah.

HATE. ANGER. DESPAIR.

madgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gif

My doc's gonna fwd my films to an orthopod for a 2nd opinion, but as for now I am fucked. cry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gif

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ursa_Eagle said:

Sorry to hear that Mike frown.gif

It's probably best to let yourself heal properly than to pay a lot more for it later.

Hey Muffy, can I drive down, get dinner, and talk about what I'm going to climb someday even if I don't have a broken foot? wink.gif I could bring bigdrink.gif!

SURE lets make a dinner party of it grin.gif

Ursa_Eagle said:

Sounds good (next weekend doesn't work for me either, my aunt is getting married, thus the fam visiting.) The weekend after that is still open, although I was thinking of checking out some caves over in Timm@y's area... But then again, Eugene is on the way to Bend, right? wink.gif

I will give it some thought, and see when Mike can make it down... I was thinking closer to x-mas mid dec. maybe. I need furniture in my house blush.gif and I am not sure when that will happen. So maybe like a pre x-mas solsitce thing cool.gif

Quit being a stubborn hard ass Mike. Let yourself heal totally as the Dr. says or you may well never be right again. BTW, a good friend of mine was over last night. He did the Pacific

Crest Trail from Mex. to Can. back around 1999, and he JUST finished the Continental Divide Trail. He said the Con. Divide Trail is only marked about 10% of the way. He started in Glacier Natl. Park and headed south. Said he ran into a Grizz in the first 9 miles, thought about whether to proceed or not and said fuckit and went for it...bears be damned. I only mention this because I believe YOU did the AT? Is that right?

Yeah, I hiked the AT a long time ago. I'm sure the PCT is WAY more scenic and adventuresome, and the CDT sounds pretty hard core thumbs_up.gif. Either way, it's way too much hiking for me anymore. Props to your buddy. He needs to learn how to climb, however, so he can fuck up his shoulders and neck to match his probably fucked up knees and lower back.

I went as Kevin Bacon last night and did a little footloose action cuz I totally forgot fruit.gif. Whoops. Luckilly there's a little chemical called alchohol that dulls the pain and the senses bigdrink.gifthumbs_up.gif

Muffy, thanks for the dinner offer HCL.gif! After thanksgiving or before? Boy, I'd like love a nice meal. I'm getting way sick of lucky charms and peanut butter sandwiches thumbs_down.gif Maybe we can play an excrutiatingly boring game of monopoly with the chilins and drink some hot Gluvein? rockband.gif

HEY CRIPPLE!

Since you can't climb but still want to hang with the bro's come to Smith next weekend, I have never had a dedicated belayer, I have always had to swap leads and belays with some other climber. thumbs_up.gif If you belay all day you can pretend like you actually went climbing!

Fuck that noise. Time for extreme theraputic measures (super secret). We'll see by next weekend how wrong they were (hopefully). I won't be surprised at all if the ortopod says I'm fine (x-rays are not the end all in diagnosis).

Still pissed. Getting some serious cramming done however!

The thing is that I have ZERO pain most of the time. When i do it's not much and isn't sharp or localized.

Also I've done like 200 pitches since I broke my feet and lots and lots of slogging. This is why I am begining to seriously doubt my Doc.

Anyways, I am keeping off of them (except I went bouldering today the_finger.gif in the gym...he he) until I find out for sure.

Catbirdseat, are you a doc?