The conservative moral outrage

allthumbs

I find I'm becoming more moderate as time goes on. Well maybe a right-leaning moderate.

I happened to catch a segment of Hannity and Colmes when they had Fl Congresswoman Katherine Harris ® on.

Congresswoman Harris recently returned from a FOUR day visit to Iraq and with her she had videos of men being tortured under the regime of Saddam Hussein.

The outrage was palpable from all--but most vocal was Mr. Hannity--and this horrible torture was loudly touted as high justification for the war in Iraq.

I have to wonder if these people think everyone else is brain dead and lives in some kind of a vacuum. Simply groveling as we wait to be fed their propaganda nectar and swallow their distorted half truths.

Or is it that they are truly ignorant of what goes on all over that part of the world--I think not.

It is certainly no secret that our dear friends in Saudi Arabia have standard punishments that are the same--in fact there are any number countries that we count as our dear friends where these tapes could have been made as well.

It doesn't take a whole lot to lose ones head in SA--rather slowly as well so that you can reflect on your sins one last time.

Public flogging is a mainstay--for minor crimes you can get 100 lashes (publicly applied) with a long leather whip--complete with a lead weight on the end--and if you pass out in the process they will mercifully stop and help you to recover your senses before they continue.

Steal something and you will lose your right hand---steal something on the highway and you lose your right hand and left foot.

I could go on--but I'm calming down now.

The Administration apparently had Ms Rice out today touting the same stuff--they insult me as well.

I guess that if I could comfortably suckle at the tit of the propaganda sow I would have far less concerns---but damn I wish they would not be so insulting about it.

Go easy on me, my conservative brothers - Peace

trask-

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree wit ya. Unfortunately, politics makes strange bedfellows and I think it's unlikely that we'll stop dealing with unsavory governments.

I heard Bush last night saying something about weaning ourselves off of foreign oil. I agree with him 'cept I'd rather that he spent $87 billion on development of alternative energy.

We lock people into tiny rooms for the rest of their lives, in some cases. We execute retards. We're going to spend an extra 87 BILLION $$$$ on a WAR, while schools across the country are in a financial CRISIS. Etc, Etc..

This country is majorly fucked up, and getting worse, yet Bush has the gall to tell us things are getting better. He's only talking to the 1%. Asshole...

scrambler said:

I agree wit ya. Unfortunately, politics makes strange bedfellows and I think it's unlikely that we'll stop dealing with unsavory governments.

I heard Bush last night saying something about weaning ourselves off of foreign oil. I agree with him 'cept I'd rather that he spent $87 billion on development of alternative energy.

thumbs_up.gif

Here's some news for ya: it's the 21st century. Globalism is irreversable. It is impossible for any nation today to be totally self-sufficient. Seeing as it was the US that pushed so hard for this in order to develop foreign markets for its products it seems kinda late to go back to protectionism and self-sufficiency and waaaaay higher consumer pricing. boxing_smiley.gif