Fred Beckey to speak in Portland Nov 17

Monty_Smith

The Mazamas is proud to bring renowned climber and author Fred Beckey to Portland for a book signing and slideshow Tuesday, Nov 18 at 7pm to be held at Cleveland High School Auditorium (3400 SE 26th Ave. Portland). Tickets are $6 in advance and $8 night of the show, available at the Mazamas Clubrooms and at The Mountain Shop (628 NE Broadway, Portland).

Fred Beckey has spent most of his life climbing and has too many first ascents to count, plus has authored many books including the comprehensive Cascade Alpine Guide series on the Washington Cascades. He will be speaking on “Climbing North America – Alaska to Mexico” including Alaska, Canada, Cascades, Sierras, Wind River, Baja California, and the Desert Southwest.

In addition to the slideshow, stop by and meet Fred at The Mountain Shop earlier that afternoon where he will be available for book signings 2-4pm. This slideshow is brought to you by the Mazamas Expedition Committee, and sponsored by The Mountain Shop.

Check out Fred Beckey’s new book Range of Glaciers - The Exploration and Survey of the Northern Cascade Range.

Mazamas.

Your adventure starts here.

BUILD YOUR SKILLS, your confidence and your friendships‹all in the safe and adventurous world of the Mazamas. We are a mountaineering and outdoor organization with a proud tradition of leadership, safety, conservation, and climbing education in the Northwest for over a century.

Life's too short to be on the sidelines. Explore the possibilities with the Mazamas.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Gary_Yngve said:

ChestBeater said:

I saw his talk at UW a few moons ago. yellowsleep.gif

The one at the bookstore that was on mining history and stuff? That was pretty boring... this one sounds more like what he did at the Mountaineers.

The one I saw was in Kane Hall and it was boring as shit. Something about early mining history or something. And then so-and-so of so-and-so mining company climbed so-and-so peak, blah blah blah. I yellowsleep.gif through the thing, but I got my brown CAG signed at the end.

It would be cool if he talked about climbing and showed purty pictures.

First, let me apologize for screwing up the date - it's Tuesday, Nov 18, not the 17th.

Next, let me address the questions people have asked (both are cut/pasted from the original notice)

Tickets are $6 in advance and $8 night of the show, available at the Mazamas Clubrooms and at The Mountain Shop (628 NE Broadway, Portland).

He will be speaking on “Climbing North America – Alaska to Mexico” including Alaska, Canada, Cascades, Sierras, Wind River, Baja California, and the Desert Southwest.

Sorry for any confusion on the date!

Monty Smith

Mazamas Expedition Committee Chair

Dru said:

I heard the subject of this talk will be "The Pay Phones of Canada and the American West" yellaf.gifwazzup.gif

postcard.JPG

"Hi Mike, it's Beckey. WHAT? Yeah, we've got 2,000 pounds of horsecock here to fly in to the Monarch. WHAT? HUH? Yeah, ok, sure, we'll be there in 20 minutes."