Early Season Ice!

layton

No, I haven't seen any. But lets get out and do some.

Wonder if there's enouf snow on hood or illumination to do a nf route or yoccum?

How much snow's up north my lost brothers and sisters? Shit's gotta be in cuz it is getting cold and stayin' cold!

Go

Check

Shit

Out!

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did... there is Ice on the North Face of Mt. Stuart ...lots of ice.

Thin smears up miles of granite that look climbable. Looks like a BD ad from Alaska.

Bring some pitons and stubbys and go for it.

We would have, but we were wearing apporach shoes, carrying featherweight alpine axes and had one stubby. And we are not hard...

By the time I get my pics developed it will probably be gone, or buried in snow...but trust me, it is there...definately there after this last moisture front.

thumbs_up.gif

IF there's ice there, then other peaks of similiar elevations should also have N.facing ice.

Bet that couloir on Eldorado is IN (among other things).

Hood's shaping up, maybe it's (the ice routes that is) climbable?? Dunno, maybe I'll check it out this weekend soon as I get my boots stretched to fit my feet again.

Edited by michael_layton

So who's going out this weekend and climbing what? The weather and conditions look good for lots of stuff. Send, send, send!

I, on the other hand, will be bigdrink.gif and rockband.gif this weekend. Gotta celebrate a b-day and Halloween.

I want to read lots of trip reports come monday (or Tuesday if you epic pitty.gif) of sick mixed alpine sends all over the Cascades.

Climb these routes and more: North Face Couloir Eldorado, stuff as indicated by Lambone on Stuart, other stuff in the surrounding area, North Face route or other stuff on Hood, and whatever other routes catch your attention! Go get 'em! evils3d.gif

Anyone been to the Upper Curtis Glacier on Shuksan recently? How's the road into the Sulphide Glacier?

What y'all think about the Silverton Sickle route on Hall Peak for this weekend? It looks like a pretty sweet climb, at least the way that the new guide shows it. Anybody climbed it? Is it worth it this weekend, or is it better to hit up some more hardcore alpine stuff since its in?

masternate32 said:

What y'all think about the Silverton Sickle route on Hall Peak for this weekend? It looks like a pretty sweet climb, at least the way that the new guide shows it. Anybody climbed it? Is it worth it this weekend, or is it better to hit up some more hardcore alpine stuff since its in?

I think Silverton Sickle might be an interesting exploration trip this time of year, but dont bet its formed. Its a long climb thats at least going to be partially fed by snowmelt...

Alex

Alex said:

masternate32 said:

I think Silverton Sickle might be an interesting exploration trip this time of year, but dont bet its formed. Its a long climb thats at least going to be partially fed by snowmelt...

Alex

HERE