Uk climber looking for partners

andy_hughes

UK climber in seattle for 5 weeks looking to get out and about looking for easy going poeple with time on hands . To Get out to hills to climb or trek have no local knowledge so all info useful . 30 year old some experience in alps scotland and recently NZ alps . Want any hints on NZ ive just spent 3 months there. drop me a line so we can meet for beer and discuss possibilities..

Cheers Andy

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings Andy,

Hope you were able to venture into the mountains before the rains began. Looks like poor weather for some time to come, yet--in defiance of the gloomy weather forecasts-- there may be sun breaks in the not-too-distant future.

I cannot tell from your posting if you are an alpine climber. If so, perhaps you would be interested in doing mixed climbing on peaks (Tatoosh Range) located below Mt. Rainier? (Also, there is a remote chance for a day-trip on Mt. Rainier's Nisqually Glacier practicing crevasse-rescue techniques with a small group of climbers.)

All of this is uncertain due to weather--November is typically western Washington's wettest time of year. But who knows?

Are you equipped for and interested in a bit of alpine climbing?

Edited by crampon_retread

Yep definately interested i have most of my personal kit with me snow shoes crampons etc very interested in practising some rescue techniques . I am also interested in climbing Rainier if the weather improves . Im up for anything , managed to get into olympics for hiking last week but thats it . Have scottish and some limited alps experience and some in NZ . Interested to hear when and where youa re going out . Cheers Andy