The best 5.10b crack in the universe?

rayborbon

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wholsome Fullback is in black velvet canyon, right before that climb with all them bolts on it. Dru, hand jive is pretty spot on at 10-b,ratingwise. And here's another one I thought of: Black Ice on the Negress wall in owens river gorge. Yes, there are crack climbs in the gorge. And this one is as slick as its name.liverwurst.jpg

you are right, Sensuous Mortician is the one in Icebox I was thinking of.

As for Squamish cracks, White Rabbit (10b) on Smoke Bluff Wall gives the same difficulty of Split Pillar or Caboose in 8m instead of 50/25m. And it is rarely busy.

quote:

Originally posted by Peter Puget:
Am I the only one who finds Caboose awkward and not fun?

Have you ever tried it stemming instead of laybacking?

Its kinda irrelevant now till they get the lower Malemute open again anyways.

quote:

Originally posted by Dru:
As for Squamish cracks, White Rabbit (10b) on Smoke Bluff Wall gives the same difficulty of Split Pillar or Caboose in 8m instead of 50/25m. And it is rarely busy.

So are you saying that climbing White Rabbit is just as difficult as climbing Split Pillar, or that Split Pillar is like 6.25 White Rabbit's without a rest?

Hey Dru, what would you think of doing the bone to six white rabbits? icon6.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Matt Anderson:
Now Chocky, Don't go leading these people to believe you've done climbs that you haven't. (Athough ROTC is graded soft, it ain't that soft.

And whatever! - Illusion Dweller rocks.

ROTC with one or two P.A.'s is about 5.10d. Leading through is solid 5.11 (many times harder than any 5.11a I can think of). Illusion Dweller? I thought it was pretty good, nice and long, whatever. But I'm not sure I understand the fuss. Anyway, this Coarse and Buggy/ROTC chat is way "off-thread". You guys should be ashamed.

Mentioning great 5.10 crack climbs, I really like the flake at the base of the Grand (is it Apron Strings?). Come to think of it, most of my favorite cracks are in Squamish. I like the crack work there better than Joshua Tree, Index, and infinitely better than most cliffs in Leavenworth. Devils Tower has got some cracks (according to a rumor I heard).

quote:

Originally posted by chucK:

So are you saying that climbing White Rabbit is just as difficult as climbing Split Pillar, or that Split Pillar is like 6.25 White Rabbit's without a rest?

Hey Dru, what would you think of doing the bone to six white rabbits?
icon6.gif

I prefer to link up the bone to your mama tongue.gif" border="0

Both WR and Split Pillar are 10b, but WR is much shorter- more of a bouldery problem whereas the Pillar is a short crux (?) then an endurance (?) fest. If you stretched WR 6.25 times it might be much harder than 10b.