The best 5.10b crack in the universe?

rayborbon

quote:

Originally posted by jordop:
I used to doze off in lectures and dream about doin the FA of the Chan Can!
grin.gif" border="0

while you was dreamin Vance Culbert was doin. i think him and Dave Campbell got the FFA a few days before the official opening.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by specialed:

Oh silly Dru. I'm above raitings, I climb for myself not for my sponsors or my throngs of adoring fans.

i belayed a friend 2 yrs ago in the fall who fell off the last move thru the roof about a dozen times on TR and gave up. after his performance I did not bother trying.

Pope,I did also hear from another source that Easter Overhang rox the mind. Keep the spray coming. Those moves on Brass Balls are bomber and yes I agree it is indeed short but like I mentioned this is around my limit of flailing abilities so I asked wink.gif" border="0

I guess Bo Derek's crux is really some face moves too but it's pretty stellar as well all in all....

quote:

Originally posted by russ:
I've never heard much mention of it, but "The Zip" in the lower Smoke Bluff is an awesome 10b. If it was on one of the upper formations there would be a constant waiting line.

Agreed. Also, the quality of the average Sqeamish crack climb is so high that "The Zip" gets ignored when people point out their favs. My favorite 5.10b pitch up there is Caboose. That was my first lead in that grade and I can remember working my butt off for it. Very satisfying.

There is an unnamed 5.10 handcrack on the extreme right end of the Resevoir Wall at Indian Creek that puts Incredible HC, Supercrack, or any of the other "classic" handcracks there to shame. Two Timer at the Second Meat Wall is hard to beat as well. Of course, I bet (and hope) that I am yet to find the "best" 5.10+ crack out there--my scope of experience is still relatively small.

quote:

Originally posted by NoBolt:
For me it is a toss up between Cresent Crack at Lower malamute, and Bale Kramer route at Careno crag. Thin Fingers is great but was hard for me. In fact I thought it was more like 11a.

you thinking Caboose? or Hand Jive?, Crescent Crack is 10d.

BK route crack i thought would have been good if not for all the wasps in it?

The one drawback to Pumpline is the veggies growing out of the bottom 3/4ths of the route. On thing about the crux is that the jams are bomber, not very technical, and yet it is still hard. Whenever I have done it I think "Heck I must be screwing up I should be able to just pull thru and grab the top!" And instead I am having to moan and groan to pull up.

quote:

Originally posted by jordop:
Pretty sure its 10a, (10bs don't seem to have really nice places to put your feet like 10as do!)but nevertheless, yes its nice.

Ohmygod, a Squamish 10a and someone from Washington said they thought it was 10b!!!!! what is the world coming to??

I seen a waiting line for it many times. If you like 12bs the arete next to it (Gaia) is nice too (or so said Andy Cairns when I belayed him on it). take a little toothbrush to clean the odd moss spot off holds.

[laf][laf][laf][laf] I'm frickin' retardfed! This is a climb I suggested just a few days ago! My mermory is shot!

All this talk of sweet cracks just hurts! It sounds like it's the same in WA as here: all snowy and shitty for climbing. Plus, being stuck behind a computer doesn't help the climbing itchies. Dang! I can't wait for some warm weather. It helps me to compile a mental tick list of climbs for when i get back in May. Yeah!!!!