Where's the beer guzzling tomorrow?

rayborbon

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd go, but I'm going to the dicussion of the fate of the mount rainier national park at the mountaineers building tomorrow. If the pub club is nearby, or between the mountaineers and my home I may stop by. (It'd be a lot easier if I knew where it was. I may just stop at all the bars between downtown and my place just to check.)

Hey, if that thing over in Issy had been "just an informal bunch of climbers" as you suggest, then there wouldn't have been fur flying from here to Beacon Hill over "the Rotation", and mattp wouldn't have had to pull out the Rulebook. Don't be speaking lightly about the Pub Club, or you'll be the next Spraymate of the Month. wink.gif" border="0wink.gif" border="0

I and I think many others were thinking of going to this NPS forum tomorrow evening at 6:30, Mountaineer's Clubhouse.

So if this Pub thingy is going to be somewhere not far from that I might be interested.

But how many more dozen posts and pages will it take until a vague indication of where this thing will be held is agreed upon? And how many posts will have to be cross-referenced to confirm?

When it's finally decided, can someone be designated to post: LOCATION, TIME, and then have Jon close the thread so it is read-only or something?

Those of us that go to the NPS forum can take notes and some digital photos, do a little graphic work, then do a powerpoint presentation at the Owl and Thistle. Just make sure they have a powerpoint projector and a PA system available. (Travelling mikes, please.) I'm sure that all of the patrons there will enjoy the presentation.

Best place to hide out in Seattle and get tanked. The Zig Zag Café (1501 Western, 625-1146) is the spot to slink into after (or during) work to ease your occupational and/or existential pain with a few strong and perfectly mixed cocktails. The Zig Zag is tucked in the zig of the Pike Place Hillclimb, right by El Puerco Lloron (another place you should know about if you don't already), and thus suffers no irritating car traffic noise. It's intimate and dim, with the bar glowing ever so invitingly and dapper, sweet bartenders at your service (other restaurant people hang out here, so you know they make good drinks). The windows have velvet curtains that can be pulled in the event of the reinstatement of Prohibition, the menu includes good tapas to soak up the martinis, and a nice little outdoor seating area steps-side can make a sunny happy hour (with drink specials from 5 to 7) pretty damn happy.

This isn't an ideal place for the pub club, but it's an idea for other more high-flown events. [big Drink]

[ 03-18-2002: Message edited by: trask ]

Looking forward to seeing my pub club pals tomorrow night at the Owl and Thistle.

Last time we were there I think our numbers topped 25 at the height. It's a cool place.

To the cc.comers spraying about alternate locations, having arguments about who started what or can take whom in how many moves, etc. Be there...or not. The rest of us will have fun regardless.

Michelle

quote:

Originally posted by allison:
Uh, actaully that was
last week
, it was on
Phinney Ridge
, and it was
Icegirl
who suggested it, not me. You really shouldn't sniff so much glue, not only does it seem to be damaging your memory, but you'll also ruin your skin!
tongue.gif" border="0

You are so tastefull and witty Allison. tongue.gif" border="0tongue.gif" border="0

See you all at the Owl & T