When will it be spring?

Fairweather

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by W:
there looks to be no warm outside rock climbing anywhere within 800 miles of here.

sunny in Bellingham today...the sandstone at Larabee always dries out quickly...and with all the rain there should be a nice spattering of new sand to brush off the holds...unfortunately myself is too stuck inside one last weekend...Spring officially begins NEXT week 3-20-02 at 2pm eastern time according to one website!!!!!!!!!! [big Drink][big Drink][big Drink][big Drink] BTW wrench its more like "Snocrumie"

[ 03-16-2002: Message edited by: Szyjakowski ]

quote:

Originally posted by Dave Schuldt:
Yo fairweather- go skiing and stop whining. Get the good turns while you can.

You're right Dave. I despise whiners, and in my post I'm whining for sure. Went to the gym and feel better now....maybe I will go make some turns tomorrow. ....Now...How to tell the wife...

Two weeks ago I was climbing Leuthold on Mount Hood... Today there is snow on my lawn, I'm eating a bag of "Cookie Parade" and washing it down with Coca Cola while I watch Saturday Night Fever on cable TV and look at this site to see who's flaming whom. With any luck I'll gain 5 or 6 pounds by Monday.

I suppose I'll go the the gym later on, but right now I'm in a slump. When will spring arrive???

Word, Fairweather.

I'm working today, and probably tomorrow since there looks to be no warm outside rock climbing anywhere within 800 miles of here.

And I have three weeks left before I hit the road for a year of climbing and travel. Until then, I've got to tone down on the Mexican and Italian food and start getting outside!

quote:

Originally posted by philfort:
The FRESHIEZ were GREAT today! 2 feet of fresh, occasional sunshine, lots of facials......

somehow i would never want to be the person quoted as saying the above statement...it just doesn't sound right!!!!

1 - 2 feet of fresh snow expected in the cascades in the next two days!!! I wanna get on some rock too but when the snow's this good, it will have to wait! Start the fake cough at work today cuz tomorrow will be fat wherever you decide to go!

I rented a cabin in the ONF for tonight, planned to go out and spend some private time with the Muse (no spray on this pleeze), do some pastel drawings in the midst of the tranquil beauty of the dripping moss and CCC rustic loveliness that inhabits the Hamma Hamma drainage, but outside of Belfair ran into the nastiest slippery-ass shit for an excuse for snow, got the Soobaroo sliding all over the road like I was on marbles, at one point got so much sticky nasty goopy snow in the wheel wells I had to get out and clean them, spent more time in the car not doing anything except getting frustrated.....and to top it all off I am home now, couldn't get into the cabin, too much muck, slppyslideyshittttt and I'm sure the Muse is on the porch of the cabin, slurping a bottle of bourbon and dragging on a Gitanes, and laughing her ass off because her pal Mother Nature decided it wasn't my day. [Wazzup][Wazzup]