REI garage sale

BelaySlave

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got some comfy Gramicci pants, padded bike gloves, and a Windstopper jacket, but my girlfriend made out like a bandit. She came away with a new lightweight shell and full-zip bibs for about $70, trail running shoes for $10, and numerous other cheap goodies. I wish Scarpa Invernos fit my feet -- there was a barely-used pair for $100.

It's amazing what people get away with returning to REI. I saw a pair of skis that looked like someone had skied on rocks in them for two seasons, and numerous pairs of boots whose Vibram soles were worn smooth. Not to mention the used underwear...

Thanks a lot, CZ, but as you see here, well I can't seem to take that advice to heart. NEXT AUTOSIG!

Oh since we're talking about it, I would be remiss to not express my shopping delight in the other purchase I made yesterday: Merrell GTs, retail $200, my price $36. Like most of us I find buying shoes of the non-decorative variety to be a costly and tedious process. These babes fit like a glove, for a fraction of the price of a full-priced glove. It's a lot of fun to get a new sleeping bag or something spiffy like that, but there is huge relief in replacing dead footwear, and despite everything else, the REI G-sale still is THE SPOT to get something great for your feet at a really good price. 99% of the time I hate REI, but when it comes to the Garage Sale, and particularly shoes, well, another human's folly is my reward. smile.gif" border="0

[ 03-18-2002: Message edited by: allison ]

things were actually a bit more expensive compared to previous garage sales... the girl at the checkout said this is the first time she thought the prices were "fair"...

Fair?

It's a frickin' garage sale... what else were they going to do with all that crap?

but enough complaining, i picked up some cheap trail runnies, day hikers, and brand new marmot bibs for under 80 bucks...

Most of the prices were a joke! They had a broken pair of Salomon Snowshoes for $9 less than they are charging for new! [laf] All the more reason to never hesitate to return ALL YOUR USED MERCHANDISE whenever it suits your needs! That's the last time I go to one of those things.