minx

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

rbw1966 said:

Necronomicon said:

I'll start the slamming without a name: marathons are for pussies. Triathlon is where it's at. Once you watch one of those, you'll laugh at all of the marathon fattys for evermore.

And watching is truly what its all about, eh?

Naw, Necro. You gotta try watching/crewing for the Western States 100 trail run sometime. Those guys/gals that finish in less than 24 hrs are awesome athletes. Pulling 10 minute miles the whole way, with some pretty big hills/drops, river crossings, and sometimes snow/icy slopes. Way cool shit. Ironman distance triathlons aren't even in the same league.

Oh yeah...congrats Robbob.

Edited by ehmmic

RobBob said:

Hey, I know a lot of you guys have run marathons and things much longer. No chestbeating here. Geek_em8.gif Got my sights on maybe an olympic-dist tri next year, if I can find the training time. But the ultra-distance folks are truly amazing.

i hope no one thinks robbob was chestbeating. i started the thread to acknowledge a big accomplishment. there is always someone who has done something better or faster or longer. that doesn't change the fact that putting in the months and miles of training and stepping up to the starting line and then finishing a marathon is a big accomplishment. i was trying to acknowledge and congratulate robbob on working hard and achieving a goal.

around here we post "pats on the back" for people doing their first leads. certainly harder routes have been climbed than anyone's first lead. it's just a form of acknowledgement. why not acknowledge another type of achievement. spray doesn't have to be negative does it?