CascadeClimber

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by crazyjz:
AlpineK is tough, but not that tough. When he got an attitude cause Rat threw his 'biner into the weeds, things got nasty. We all headed up to private Idaho, but after a couple of routes, it was decided that a real fight with real anger, and possible blood shed was better than climbing. AlpineK may not be as tough as he was in 1991. That was the year of turmoil in Moab, the Rake incident with "That Fuckin' Mallet", Otis's Van with Barnes, and Kit and Charlie teaching us shit.I think that AlpineK and Allison are just smitten with each other, and are just acting like sixth graders.

Don't forget the bb gun fight at Smith and the kidney punch incident.

quote:

allison wrote: W's little graphic of the humping/sodomizing smiley faces is a prime example of the sort of crap that a lot of women with perfectly functional senses of humor would find tacky and possibly offensive. I do. How about a little wit?

allison, I may (or not) share your opinion that that creative little icon of you and AlpineK was offensive but I have to say it was no more offensive than the myriad of other sick stabs that get thrown around on this site between guys. You frequent this site, you know it's a locker room in here, and you choose to participate. To draw the "female" card at this point seems kinda, well, lame. If you're going to play with the big boys, expect them to treat you like one of the big boys - which is what they did. (i.e. gregm's equally juvenile and offensive ray/trask icon). If you think women should be treated equally with men (recall your post re: women's olympic downhill vs. men's olympic downhill??) and you're gonna spray with these boys, don't expect them to show more restraint with you than they would with each other. It's really undermining otherwise.

I would have sent this to you in a PM rather than posting it, but your claimed to represent the opinion of other women and I for one don't want to be treated with kid gloves just cause I'm female - at least not by the climbing community!

sarah

"Why is it that women over-react to jokes and such? Seems to me that if a woman wants to play with the boys she should be able to take the same shit they do. You see something a bit ribald, forgedaboudit. Go around it. Don't take shit so personal. Especially in "spray"."

I could go on about what is wrong with this, but if any of you really want to know why, ask your wives. Or your mothers.

Except for one thing: this is not the 'spray' page. I rarely venture there, and I am eternally hopeful that people who need to spray will go to the Sprayground, and leave the more good-natured ribbing and discourse out here on the main board. Some of the stuff I see around here verges on hateful, toward women, toward gay people, toward each other. Can't you guys at least keep that sort of sordid garbage out of the main board? 'Zat too much to ask?

AlpineK is tough, but not that tough. When he got an attitude cause Rat threw his 'biner into the weeds, things got nasty. We all headed up to private Idaho, but after a couple of routes, it was decided that a real fight with real anger, and possible blood shed was better than climbing. AlpineK may not be as tough as he was in 1991. That was the year of turmoil in Moab, the Rake incident with "That Fuckin' Mallet", Otis's Van with Barnes, and Kit and Charlie teaching us shit.

I think that AlpineK and Allison are just smitten with each other, and are just acting like sixth graders.

Why is it that when men and women spar with one another, seriously or in jest, that that means they are "smitten"? That may have played on the schoolhouse playground, but we all grow up eventually.

W's little graphic of the humping/sodomizing smiley faces is a prime example of the sort of crap that a lot of women with perfectly functional senses of humor would find tacky and possibly offensive. I do. How about a little wit?

Why is it that women over-react to jokes and such? Seems to me that if a woman wants to play with the boys she should be able to take the same shit they do. You see something a bit ribald, forgedaboudit. Go around it. Don't take shit so personal. Especially in "spray".

At the workplace, that's different. No sexual stuff please.

This is just the way I see it. I'm sure y'all will cut my balls off now.

[Moon]

W's response was very tastefull tongue.gif" border="0

Personally I take most of your comments as toilet talk. I dont think you have even tried to say anything but offensive things to me. Not that I need any friends but get real and dont be a hypocrite if you are going to act so high and mighty.

I think I will go out and chop your next sport project for fun.

quote:

Originally posted by allison:
W's little graphic of the humping/sodomizing smiley faces is a prime example of the sort of crap that a lot of women with perfectly functional senses of humor would find tacky and possibly offensive. I do. How about a little wit?

It's amazing how easily people are baited. Which is worse, my trolling, or your getting "offended" and taking it personally? If one get's into an internet pissing contest like you did earlier in the thread, you shouldn't be surprised nor take seriously any razzing you get- it's a public forum.You want some wit? Mellow the fuck out.

quote:

Originally posted by rayborbon:
W's response was very tastefull
tongue.gif" border="0

Personally I take most of your comments as toilet talk. I dont think you have even tried to say anything but offensive things to me. Not that I need any friends but get real and dont be a hypocrite if you are going to act so high and mighty.

I think I will go out and chop your next sport project for fun.

Man, we missed you! Welcome back under whatever name. More of this would be good. Otherwise see you over at alpi****te.com wink.gif" border="0

or evcen Squamish/Lworth/Smith Ray.