Hwy 20 closed?!

slothrop

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My sources tell me a culvert blocked up and blew out a section of road. If it's at MP 126 (which is what I heard, that makes it West of Colonial Creek CG and ... WATUSI RODEO.

Me - I just hope the flooding between Concrete and Marbles subsides so I can get back to my house and move out.. confused.gif

Beck said:

it's closed, and they are going to leave all the debris, etc until after the winter. that will make opening up slower as rocks and trees slow down the snow moving equipment.

I would imagine that given the location of the slides, the DOT is going to make an effort to clear them now and not wait until spring. By the time the repairs are made, however, it will probably be time to close the road anyway.

This does suck. cry.gif I always look forward to some "pre-closure" turns up there.

geordie said:

Me - I just hope the flooding between Concrete and Marbles subsides so I can get back to my house and move out.. confused.gif

Good luck Geordie. I guess you may have to make some freinds with DOT folks.. or just flash your badge and say its official bussiness.....man this sucks no 20!! madgo_ron.gif

leejams said:

Just saw some video of the damage up there. Pretty safe to say it will be closed for quite awhile. Tore the shit up. Makes you wonder what other damage is done to trails and side roads. thumbs_down.gif

Thnak Jesus that your Trail Park Pass fees will be spent on repairing the damage to trails, instead of on sgns telling you that you need to pay a fee, and paying for printing tickets, and paying The Tool to write tickets all day long. rolleyes.gif

Read this on kirotv.com...

"...On SR 20, state transportation crews were trying to clear culverts and limit damage, Holter said.

"We have large sections of roadway that have washed out. We have guardrails hanging in the air,"

Holter said. And while the road is usually closed through mid-April, repairs must be made

immediately. "If we leave it alone, it will continue to erode the roadway and be much more

expensive" to fix...."