Pub Club 3/12/02!

icegirl

To be fair ladies it is the eastsides turn.

I live in Ballard and it would be great to have the club within walking distance of my place all the time, however lots of people involved with the Pub Club live outside of Seattle. They drive in to hang out with us, so it's only fair that we drive to hang out with them.

OK You eastsiders get to it. Come up with a location quick before it ends up in Seattle due to your lack of interest.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alpine K - thanks for taking the leadership on this, but I'd think it appropriate to ask how many, or who, are actually desirous of an East side night this week if we are going to adhere to a "schedule" set by the fact that an East side pub club was requested last week. I was chatting with Ray about the possibility that it would be East side week, but he was skeptical about whether or not he'd be able to make it. If somebody else over there feels it is "their turn," lets do it ('cause it is). But if not, I would think it better to have an East side pub club when there is more interest. All you East siders -- any comment?

IG, I'm going to wait for the Eastsiders to weigh in. If they let us have it, I'll post the location again. for what it's worth I have to work tomorrow night (and next Tues), if it's in Seattle either time I'll make it down about 10:45, and if it's in the ESide, I won't make it because it'll be too late. FWIW I know of at least one other PC regular who can't make it this week....

The Issaquah Brewhouse is cool for beer, though the food isn't the best. They have the Rogue beer on tap and have recently started brewing some of their own again.

It is non-smoking, which I like (further qualifying me as a 'robot'), though others clearly won't.

I'd be game for Pub Club there tomorrow, provided I can get 'clearance from the tower'. I think I could cajole my trusty alpine buddy into it, too.

[big Drink]

Damn - I can't go. And after reading all the requests for more girls to limit the sausage factor. Do you guys always do this on Tuesdays? I am working ski patrol on Tuesdays right now. Though night skiing is over soon enough.

Bitch, bitch, moan, moan, I know.

Terra

[big Drink][Moon]

Seattle is where some of us are drinking tomorrow. (unless of course FB is willing to give us another chance)

My rational could be way off, but here goes... (Pullling out the Spray Umbrella)

Seems to me a lot of the pub club-ers who I've met (at pub clubs) live in about a 5 mile radius of the Ballard Bridge... We are all happy to drive now and then (I've been to an Issiquah Pub Club) but 3 weeks in a row on the outskirts? (correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it Alki, Tacoma, and now aiming for E. side?) Why not something like this... Alki - Seattle - Tacoma - Seattle - E. Side - Seattle - North somewhere - Seattle... etc..

For those of you going to the Seattle meeting for the public input on the Mt. Rainier GMP/EIS thing; do show up, the fun goes on into the wee hours, don't feel bad about getting there late!

Sansivera : Yes to Tuesday nights, but some times if we are bored, and are such loosers that we can't find anything better to do we call a second Pub Club on another night.. .Fridays seem have done well so far smile.gif" border="0 You should join us! So far the most women I've seen at one of these things is 4..

Icegirl, I sympathize with you. Alki is a long way off and Tacoma might as well be in Mexico. But really, I believe there has been a request for an eastside event for some time now. What would be the harm in waiting one more week? You went to Issaquah when the "official" pub club was in Tacoma (not that Alpine K is the president of pub club, but I do support him in trying to avoid confusion and last minute changes in the venue -- the split clubs are a drag). Now, of course, perhaps the eastsiders would agree that THEY can wait another week for their (overdue) turn.

quote:

Originally posted by icegirl:
Seattle is where some of us are drinking tomorrow. (unless of course FB is willing to give us another chance)

My rational could be way off, but here goes... (Pullling out the Spray Umbrella)

Seems to me a lot of the pub club-ers who I've met (at pub clubs) live in about a 5 mile radius of the Ballard Bridge... We are all happy to drive now and then (I've been to an Issiquah Pub Club) but 3 weeks in a row on the outskirts? (correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it Alki, Tacoma, and now aiming for E. side?) Why not something like this... Alki - Seattle - Tacoma - Seattle - E. Side - Seattle - North somewhere - Seattle... etc..

For those of you going to the Seattle meeting for the public input on the Mt. Rainier GMP/EIS thing; do show up, the fun goes on into the wee hours, don't feel bad about getting there late!

Oh brother here we go again. This has been discussed. Fuck it you guys go where you want. If that is the way you are you can kiss my [Moon]

I think it has been 4 weeks? since east side? I dont want to drink with whiners. Even the last pub club in the Quah was a near no show anyway. Icegirl barter but the standard will certainly be in the Quah.

-R

Icegirl The last time I checked Alki is in West Seattle and West Seattle was anexed into Seattle proper a long time ago. Also if you use Hwy 99 West Seattle is a hop skip and a jump from Ballard (and your neighborhood too). So quit your whining about outskirts.

I'm down with Ray and Issaquah. We can drink near the ship Canal next week.

quote:

Originally posted by allison:
Have a nice Sausage Fest, boys.

I dont need any people like you showin' if you plan to be like that. Personally I take this as a whimsical humorous personal insult.

Plenty of friends will show I am sure.

PS I dont cater to women when drinking or climbing. Never have.

fine by me... I only piped up about a pub club because no one else had... Not here for an argument or sprayfest, just trying to figure out if the drinking is close to home or not.

I apologize if I made the E. Siders feel shorted by ignoring their request for a Pub Club, but as I've been working quite a bit as of late, have not been up on the Pub Club discussions about desired whereabouts for a couple weeks.

Perhaps my "Seattle is where some of us will be drinking" was mis-interpreted. It was/is not an attempt to split the Pub Club, just saying for those not heading to the E. Side, a few of us will be [big Drink] closer to home so we reduce our risk of a DUI smile.gif" border="0 (3 miles vs. 30 miles... statistics...) Just because some people choose to drive long distances does not mean to be "a real CC.com'er" I am required to, or did I miss that in the rule book.

Honestly I really don't care tremedously where it is, and yes, I went to Issaquah even though the "Official" one was in Tacoma. I'll go to ones that strike me as interesting (FB showing up for example, and I do apologize for getting there late BTW) or close to home. This is all getting awfully regimented for something that is supposed to be a fun thing for people to drop in on... Whatever...

[ 03-11-2002: Message edited by: icegirl ]

quote:

Originally posted by icegirl:
fine by me... I only piped up about a pub club because no one else had... Not here for an argument or sprayfest, just trying to figure out if the drinking is close to home or not.

I apologize if I made the E. Siders feel shorted by ignoring their request for a Pub Club, but as I've been working quite a bit as of late, have not been up on the Pub Club discussions about desired whereabouts for a couple weeks.

Honestly I really don't care tremedously where it is, and yes, I went to Issaquah even though the "Official" one was in Tacoma. I'll go to ones that strike me as interesting (FB showing up for example, and I do apologize for getting there late BTW) or close to home. This is all getting awfully regimented for something that is supposed to be a fun thing for people to drop in on... Whatever...

I agree 100% with you. I only said I will see if FB will show no promises on short notice like this. He is a pretty old guy and drives a bit to go to these from work. But he lives near Iassaquah wink.gif" border="0