Now, it's really a religious war...

scrambler

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems that the image of an apocalyptic Christ straight out of Revelations with a sword in his hand is leaping out of the psyche of the fundamentalists with their voices in George's ear.

Funny thing though, in the 80's someone from our government told the mujahadeen (Afghani 'freedom' fighters) that they were guaranteed victory over the godless Soviet communists. To paraphrase, "God is on your side."

I expect that God-intoxicated (God-frenzied) messianic zeal from the fundamentalist hardcore, only I didn't quite expect it to be present so eminently in our government. Of course, not on major network news, but in small measured doses to select groups such as Bible groups.

catbirdseat said:

This guy isn't going to survive long in the secular US Army, if he keeps this up.

Ummm...if I'm reading this e-mail correctly, he's no longer in the army. He's the deputy undersecretary of defense. Hanging with our buddy Rumsfield and telling the military what to do!

Scary!!!

dberdinka said:

catbirdseat said:

This guy isn't going to survive long in the secular US Army, if he keeps this up.

Ummm...if I'm reading this e-mail correctly, he's no longer in the army. He's the deputy undersecretary of defense. Hanging with our buddy Rumsfield and telling the military what to do!

Scary!!!

He's in the Government? Good Lord, I mean jeez...aw shit.

scott_harpell said:

religion is not the problem. people's abuses of religion for power is the problem. it happens in every religion and is more of a flaw in humans than a flaw in the concept of religion.

In other words . . . .

Religion is not the problem, YOUR RELIGION is the problem cause its different than mine.

If power tends to corrupt, and absloute power tends to corrupt absolutly, doesn't this mean the god is corrupt?

hakioawa said:

In other words . . . .

Religion is not the problem, YOUR RELIGION is the problem cause its different than mine.

If power tends to corrupt, and absloute power tends to corrupt absolutly, doesn't this mean the god is corrupt?

Nope, Theologians have that covered. It's called "Teleological suspension of the ethical"

scott_harpell said:

hakioawa said:

the only person widely recognized in all major religions is Christ.

What does Bhudda have to say about JC? Howabout Moses? Abraham?

bhudda, abraham and moses would have never heard of him. rolleyes.gif obviously... where is you edumacation there cheif? rolleyes.gif

Who has heard of Moses or Abraham anyway? No major religions rocognize them right?

fruit.gif

scott_harpell said:

Dru said:

hakioawa said:

see, that's the quality of the edumacation at that Langley bible school he goes to rolleyes.gif

hahahahahha have YOU ever taken history?

I won a couple of history scholarships wave.gif about 5K in total before I switched to sciences.

hakioawa said:

scott_harpell said:

hakioawa said:

bhudda, abraham and moses would have never heard of him. rolleyes.gif obviously... where is you edumacation there cheif? rolleyes.gif

Who has heard of Moses or Abraham anyway? No major religions rocognize them right?

fruit.gif

i didn't say that... rolleyes.gif perhaps because they predated Christ by what? 1000+ years, it might be difficult for them to have been properly aquinted.

Dru said:

scott_harpell said:

Dru said:

hakioawa said:

see, that's the quality of the edumacation at that Langley bible school he goes to rolleyes.gif

hahahahahha have YOU ever taken history?

I won a couple of history scholarships wave.gif about 5K in total before I switched to sciences.

then hun, why didn't you notice the little chronological snaphoo? rolleyes.gif

I'm still waiting for you to indicate how you think Buddhism, Hinduism, Lamaism, Judaism or Shinto, which are all "major world religions" somehow recognize the religious significane of Baby Jesus there, chief wave.gif cause you said that all major world religions recognize Christ, remember? I bet that IS what they taught you at Bible school eh?

Dru said:

I'm still waiting for you to indicate how you think Buddhism, Hinduism, Lamaism, Judaism or Shinto, which are all "major world religions" somehow recognize the religious significane of Baby Jesus there, chief wave.gif cause you said that all major world religions recognize Christ, remember? I bet that IS what they taught you at Bible school eh?

actually the dhali lhama said it. try the art of hapiness. smirk.gif

This country has always had military leaders who felt they had a "greater calling" religious or otherwise. Patton, McArthur, Teddy Roosevelt, Grant, Sherman, Jackson (CSA) etc, etc. For the most part, with the possible exception of McArthur, they followed their orders as given. It seems a certain amount of eccentricity is a pre-requisite for the job. But it is the duty of the President to ensure their loyalty (to the constitution), to reign them in, or demote/retire them. This guy probably needs a "sit-down" with his superiors and a stern reminder of where his loyalties must lie.

You want to talk about a goofy-assed general, do some research re Wesley Clark. The guy is scary.

Too bad Dwayner isn't here to participate in this thread... Seriously.

Peter_Puget said:

What a guy!

Check out this guy if you want to see scary!

When he took the oath of office, President George W. Bush already faced recession and economic upheaval. As the economy threatened to move into an even deeper recession, he resolved to pursue an economic policy that included unprecedented tax cuts. What’s the result of Bush’s low-tax economic program? Jerry Bowyer confronts the critics and offers clear and convincing evidence that the Bush Administration fixed a broken economy, boosting the fastest economic turnaround since President Ronald Reagan.

How the fuck did you hear about this moron?

yellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gif