never too late to apologize

j_b

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/10/14/1065917413085.html

Fiji village to apologise for eating English missionary

October 15, 2003

Residents of a remote Fiji mountain village, in which an English missionary was killed and eaten 136 years ago, will offer a traditional apology to the man's descendants next month.

The Reverend Thomas Baker of the London Missionary Society was killed by the people of Navatusila on July 21, 1867, after he took a comb out of a chief's hair.

It was, and still is, forbidden to touch the head of a chief. He was subsequently cooked and eaten and is the only known white victim of what was once known as the "Cannibal Isles".

One who took part in the feast was quoted in contemporary accounts as saying "we ate everything but his boots". One of his boots is in the Fijian Museum in Suva.

PINA News said Ratu Filimoni Wawabalavu, the chief of the Navosa district in the central mountainous region of Viti Levu, had invited Baker's descendants.

Prime Minister Laisenia Qarase is expected to be in Navatusila on behalf of the Government.

The tribe of Nubutautau believe that they were being cursed for what their forefathers had done and that a traditional apology needed to be made to Baker's descendants.

Indigenous Fijians are today fervent Christians.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

trask said:

cry.gif here goes j-b with his daily " cry.gif oh woah-as me cry.gif" post.

get a fuckin life, hosebag

here goes trask with one of 248y57892347758024 a post days about he is the fukkin one who is always right and if he dont liek your topic then he is gonna trask all over it.

the_finger.gif

HRoark said:

j_b said:

perhaps you ought to think of new material when you reply to my posts?

Why can't he use HIS recycled shit when you post your stupid recycled shit?

perhaps you could point out what part of my initial post is recycled?

j_b said:

yeah right! it's not filled with obscenities and put downs so it can be humorous smirk.gif

My beef with the j-b tool is posts like this one above. He's always crying and whining and pissy-faced that big bad trask is kicking sand in his face. Fuck you pussy, if you were in my neighborhood as a kid, we'd have laid waste to your sorry ass.

trask said:

shut up erik, you butt gash

so dependable with the low brow UNORIGINAL insults. sooo played out....soooo passe' and soooooo boring.

i think from this day forward i am going to dedicate my life to following trashk around the internet heckling him.

the_finger.gifboxing_smiley.gif

erik said:

trask said:

shut up erik, you butt gash

so dependable with the low brow UNORIGINAL insults. sooo played out....soooo passe' and soooooo boring.

i think from this day forward i am going to dedicate my life to following trashk around the internet heckling him.

the_finger.gifboxing_smiley.gif

and this will be different, how?

trask said:

j_b said:

yeah right! it's not filled with obscenities and put downs so it can be humorous smirk.gif

My beef with the j-b tool is posts like this one above. He's always crying and whining and pissy-faced that big bad trask is kicking sand in his face. Fuck you pussy, if you were in my neighborhood as a kid, we'd have laid waste to your sorry ass.

some of you plan to continue harassing me whatever i do. we'll see ...

btw the more your replies make you appear as the dimwit that you probably are, the better.

http://www.e-dition.net/dimwit.html

scott_harpell said:

j_b said:

boy did you prove them wrong.

has that ever been posted in the history of cc.com? je pense que non. the_finger.gif

it appears we recall things differently. anyhow, you may have to think of something else next time then (and neener-neener or it's equivalent is probably not a good option)

j_b said:

scott_harpell said:

j_b said:

boy did you prove them wrong.

has that ever been posted in the history of cc.com? je pense que non. the_finger.gif

it appears we recall things differently. anyhow, you may have to think of something else next time then (and neener-neener or it's equivalent is probably not a good option)

find it cock sucker rolleyes.gifthe_finger.gif