No More Asking For Beta Damnit!

Dru

Mr Perkins stated-

You're right. The un-named guy is a complete ass and Dru should go out of his way to antagonize the un-named guy whether he wants to or not.

Your argument is flawed. In one sense you imply it is ok to condone threats in a pm. In the other sense you imply that antogonizing after such a threat is even better or just the same. A threat is a threat. To paint a target on your back is not a threat all the time. Can we also argue that if you disagree with me it is now ok to antagonize?

If they take licker then make sure it is of the white type- whiskey, rum or vodka. It mixes better. I am sure you remembered the shitty tequila with gatorade fest. wazzup.gif

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only way to have a secret project is to keep your mouth shut about it. If someone else mentions it, only a fool would tell them to shut up, the trick is to move your planning up and get on with it.

For what its worth, I thought Dru's question was academically interesting, but winter on Slesse is not on my dream list.

Cpt.Caveman said:

Mr Perkins stated-

You're right. The un-named guy is a complete ass and Dru should go out of his way to antagonize the un-named guy whether he wants to or not.

Your argument is flawed. In one sense you imply it is ok to condone threats in a pm. In the other sense you imply that antogonizing after such a threat is even better or just the same.

What the hell are you talking about? I did not ever say I condoned somebody's threatening other people in an attempt to keep one's project secret, nor did I say it was "the same" to antagonze the guy afterward. It sounds to me like the unnamed guy was out of line, but the bottom line here is that I really don't know what he said to Dru and I don't know what motivated him to say whatever he did say. It's Dru's call whether he wants to "out" somebody's projects or their tactics.

As to the liquor, I would have to agree that tequila and gatorade is not the way to go. If Alpine K could scan in the booze list for the Slesse climb, we could see if those guys showed better taste in their choice of mixers....

Dru said:

I guess we can't ask people for beta anymore? Anyone? Is one of the moderators worried I'm asking about their secret project?

Dru, I removed your post yesterday morning. I appreciate people trying to cover for me, but the truth is it just seemed like e-mail material that hadnt been responded to, so I moved it. I log on once a day in the morning and "clean up" the main board of threads that should be elsewhere or are temporal and longer of use. (I am pleased you havent noticed til now!) I stated as much in the original thread after I moved it, so that moderators could see why I did.

You and others continue to view this as a huge conspiracy against you personally and against spray. I am sure now that you will believe that I did it out of my "personal vendetta" against you or some such, or as you say to "protect my secret winter project". The truth is, yes, the conversation that might have proceeded might have been interesting, but the same could be said about they myriad of threads that you have sprayed on and that have stagnated or degenerated because of it. So take your "poor me" attitude and politely shove it.

Alex

Alex said:

Dru said:

I guess we can't ask people for beta anymore? Anyone? Is one of the moderators worried I'm asking about their secret project?

Dru, I removed your post yesterday morning. I appreciate people trying to cover for me, but the truth is it just seemed like e-mail material that hadnt been responded to, so I moved it. I log on once a day in the morning and "clean up" the main board of threads that should be elsewhere or are temporal and longer of use. (I am pleased you havent noticed til now!) I stated as much in the original thread after I moved it, so that moderators could see why I did.

You and others continue to view this as a huge conspiracy against you personally and against spray. I am sure now that you will believe that I did it out of my "personal vendetta" against you or some such, or as you say to "protect my secret winter project". The truth is, yes, the conversation that might have proceeded might have been interesting, but the same could be said about they myriad of threads that you have sprayed on and that have stagnated or degenerated because of it. So take your "poor me" attitude and politely shove it.

Alex

alex

blow me, chestbeater HCL.gif

Dru, I removed your post yesterday morning. I appreciate people trying to cover for me, but the truth is it just seemed like e-mail material that hadnt been responded to, so I moved it

First of all Dru if you are not gathering the info for yourself then expect squat. Otherwise state so in order for people to take it seriuosly..

It was a good post full of controversey for some. Get over your "duties" Alex.

I hope eventually it is answered in the "uhuh" type of way that it was ready for.

Dru hang on - I think Jim's sending an email now because of your question smirk.gif This is the hottest item aboard...

Yeah I just got the fax - they said there was *adventure*. wazzup.gif

Please stop pulling posts that people that are interested in climbing enjoy reading. Am I going to climb Slesse this winter-NO. Am I interested in a public conversation on the topic-yes that is why I come to this web site. No one should get flak for posting topics as such, so STOP "cleaning" up the board please. I enjoy reading about other peoples stories and viewing their pictures almost as much as my own experiences in the mountains.

Appologies drnking so I spell wrong, plus I'm dumb.

PONCHO&LEFTY said:

Please stop pulling posts that people that are interested in climbing enjoy reading. Am I going to climb Slesse this winter-NO. Am I interested in a public conversation on the topic-yes that is why I come to this web site. No one should get flak for posting topics as such, so STOP "cleaning" up the board please. I enjoy reading about other peoples stories and viewing their pictures almost as much as my own experiences in the mountains.

Appologies drnking so I spell wrong, plus I'm dumb.

Amen poncho. bigdrink.gif

Alex- relax