This is stupid...'bout as stupid as it gets...

RuMR

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cracked said:

I can't stand that Tori kid. YUCK this is horrible.

And here's something I don't get... So sure, she's a talented 15-year-old sport climber. This distinction, then, qualifies her to be named an all-around champion climber?

So what has she done in the alpine? Big wall? High altitude? Ice? Call me crazy, but I just can't see that naming her an "all-around champion climber" makes any fucking sense at all. WTF is up with today's youth anyway? confused.gif

Distel32 said:

she climbed the nose! she earns respect from me for that

I read that. Respect for that accomplishment is one thing, but I ask you again, does that qualify her to be named/name herself/have her sponsors name her an "all-around climbing champion"? I think not. wirlwind hits it on "The Nose", it's all about selling shit to kids that's bought with the 'rents cash so the CEO can retire early. But surely she must have some say in the misinformation that is posted on her website, eh?

I'm just on a rant about blatant overhype. Time for me to chill out and get a bigdrink.gif

Figger_Eight said:

Yeah...I just watched the "Wall Brats" video on her site. It looks like she followed a Yos hardman up the thing on top rope and jumars yellaf.gif

Fuck, even I can do that! As a result, I hereby proclaim myself All-Around Climbing Champion. Now there's two of us; time to boxing_smiley.gif

yellaf.gif

My point exactly. Her x-games feat grants her all-around climbing champion status? WTF is up with that? I guess the part that really chaps my butt is the claim of "all-around" champion. My understanding of "all-around" means just that - you've got to the best, or at least mighty goddamn good, at every aspect of the game at hand. Speed-pulling plastic or jugging El Cap just doesn't cut it in my book. thumbs_down.gifthumbs_down.gif