Drury Falls

dbb

Drury falls is pretty much out. Greg and I went up there on Saturday under warm conditions and found what you'd expect out of washington.

We solo'd the first pitch and it was little more than steep slush. The second pitch was falling apart, big hole in the middile and upper, as well as glide cracks all over the place. Same slush fest conditions on it too. I can only assume that the final 3 pitches are covered in about 1 foot of this nasty slushy ice as well.

The ice on the East side of the gully was still in and offered good smear climbing, but that's about it.

Dave

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Found a couple short pitches of ice in Snowqualamie this weekend. I am not a great judge of vertical ice but it was climbable and plastic since it wasn't in the sun. I think this year the area has different conditions due to lack of normal snowfall levels. I am sure one of the guys I climbed with will be one sometime later today to give a little more in depth beta.

Seize the Day