There's NO snow in WA. (or, Oct freshiez)

cracked

Skykilo, Crazy Jeff, and I attempted the Boulder-Park Cleaver on Baker. Hiked in in the rain, bushwacked up to the ridge in the rain, skinned up to 6.5k in the snow, got whiteout, cold, skied down, put 5 scratches in my Miras (cry.gif), bushwacked down, hiked out (in the rain of course), and soaked in the hot spring. Now remember everyone: There is NO snow in WA right now. Please stay at home and watch TV. smirk.gif

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Been fishing for two days straight. Caught numerous pinks...note caught not snagged. Hooked up with about 5 silvers and landed two. Both were big bastards...bite on an alvin pattern. Snow...god I wish it would snow on me while I was salmon and steel head fishing. I'll bet the streams would clear out and I'd be all by my lone some.

Snow, snow,snow,snow,snow,snow,snow,snow,snow,snow,snow,

snow,snow,snow,snow,snow,snow,snow,snow,snow,snow,snow.

cracked said:

iain said:

sweeeet rolleyes.gif

gonna go hit hood one of these days

Yer just jealous. boxing_smiley.gif

you better believe it. I wasted a weekend driving out to smith and back. checked out some locals-only boulders at warm springs in the rain. just ended up eating too much and sitting around. rather be freezing up there w/you guys. terrible.

We were a few miles north of you. Made it to 6800ft (haha) and took a couple of runs - the turns were actually pretty nice, all things considered fruit.gif. Definitely full on winter conditions high up, and large cornices for October. The gore-tex had no effect on the rain and wet snow coming down hard on the way out.

What, no snow in Wa ??? thats BS ......Theres 8- 10 inches of new snow at Blue Lake at Washington Pass yesterday ! Elevation 6300 ft . Now I hope you get really Freakin Jealous ! Of course I am ! a pic http://www.summitpost.com/mountains/photo_link.pl/p/photo_id__58696__object_id__11693__type__user__mountain_id____route_id____user_id____order_by____limit thumbs_up.gif

who cares rock climbing is still good to go! you just gotta be tough!

i'll ski when there is real snow.

and no shit goretex doest work that well. you are a fool to think other wise. wear rubberized nylong or just a long sleeve tshirt. either way yer gonna get wet.

and skiing on choss snow in the rain is stupid!

erik said:

i'll ski when there is real snow.

and no shit goretex doest work that well. you are a fool to think other wise. wear rubberized nylong or just a long sleeve tshirt. either way yer gonna get wet.

and skiing on choss snow in the rain is stupid!

Hey Erik, show me that trick again where you post all in caps and say something stupid! yellowsleep.gifthe_finger.gif