Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • olyclimber

      WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

      We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
JGowans

The Future

Recommended Posts

What’s up you choads?

 

Well, it has taken me a while to come to a definitive conclusion, but something I’ve suspected for a long time is now more than a mere hypothesis.

 

Last week, I was sitting on a plane from Seattle to D.C. On board, I sat next to a guy from NY who now lives in Seattle, but spent the first half of his career working in the financial sector in NY, and latterly as a lobbyist for special interest groups. He’s now writing a book about his experiences.

 

Anyway, he told me about a special interest group called the Coalition for Advancement of Credit. This is a little known group that apparently has some unprecedented access to high level government officials. It represents pretty much all industries, but most importantly, it focuses on promoting the accessibility of credit to consumers. A seemingly benign activity yes? Well, it’s but a part of a larger effort. One of its members apparently wrote a manifesto entitled “The Credit Conundrum – A Vehicle for Prosperity.” This manifesto goes into great detail on the need to further “bind” the middle and working class to the corporate world through the use of extending credit while at the same time, using other fiscal tools at their disposal (including policy) to increase the cost of living. An example is the fact that even adjusting for inflation, housing is 75 times more expensive today than in the ‘50s while salaries are less (inflation adjusted), and worker productivity is at an all time high. So, we have a situation where we now have most 2 parent families working, and heavily leveraged to afford the mortgage. It goes on to describe how this could be achieved by systematically reducing the quality of education in most school districts within a given metropolis, such that there are perhaps one or two decent ones with everyone clamoring to live in that area, and thus drive up housing costs.

 

This is but one example of a broader master plan being implemented by the government designed to not only maintain the status quo of an elite band of “haves” but to actually increase the critical mass of “have nots” and thus further enrich the “haves.” I’m not quite sure what the end game is, or whether there even is one. I suspect it’s more about preserving an unwritten class system and ensuring a legacy for future generation of “haves.”

 

I always suspected that there was a conspiracy preventing me from becoming a millionaire. Now I know that it’s true. The problem is that this manifesto is being pursued in several flavors in many other Westernized nations. I suppose it’s time to just pack it all in and live in a wee peat bog in Scotland.

 

You capitalist arses on this site are all sheep. You libs are black sheep but sheep nonetheless. Enjoy rope-up this year because next year, Beck will team up with Trendwest to offer timeshare tents with zero down and nothing to pay until 2005. Visa, Mastercard, and Discover accepted. Sorry, no American Express.

the_finger.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"A firesale on your future

your life is their game

wouldn't you like to play

 

Here we go, congress one, progress zero

You think your leaders are thinking about reform

They'd sooner sit and watch our cities burn like Nero

Makes you wonder what the FUCK you're voting for!

For a change, who the fuck are you kidding, me?

What we need is some good old fashioned anarchy

You bring the torch and I'll bring the kerosene

We'll strike a match and BURN THIS FUCKER DOWN!

BURN THIS FUCKER DOWN!

BURN THIS FUCKER DOWN!

BURN THIS FUCKER DOOOOOOWWWN!

BURN THIS FUCKER

DOWN!"

 

rockband.gif

 

"Hey, profiteers

with your rows of lovely homes

and your shiny cars ...

have you heard the news?

 

Your blood is not gold

you are replacement parts

your trivial job vanishes

when the market drops

 

Capitalist, what have you done?

What have you done by playing God?

 

One thousand fists

on the mansion doors now

one thousand hands

reach for the throat now

 

the bombs exploded

on the front lawn

it's in the air ..."

 

rockband.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JGowans said:

What’s up you choads?

 

Well, it has taken me a while to come to a definitive conclusion, but something I’ve suspected for a long time is now more than a mere hypothesis.

 

Last week, I was sitting on a plane from Seattle to D.C. On board, I sat next to a guy from NY who now lives in Seattle, but spent the first half of his career working in the financial sector in NY, and latterly as a lobbyist for special interest groups. He’s now writing a book about his experiences.

 

Anyway, he told me about a special interest group called the Coalition for Advancement of Credit. This is a little known group that apparently has some unprecedented access to high level government officials. It represents pretty much all industries, but most importantly, it focuses on promoting the accessibility of credit to consumers. A seemingly benign activity yes? Well, it’s but a part of a larger effort. One of its members apparently wrote a manifesto entitled “The Credit Conundrum – A Vehicle for Prosperity.” This manifesto goes into great detail on the need to further “bind” the middle and working class to the corporate world through the use of extending credit while at the same time, using other fiscal tools at their disposal (including policy) to increase the cost of living. An example is the fact that even adjusting for inflation, housing is 75 times more expensive today than in the ‘50s while salaries are less (inflation adjusted), and worker productivity is at an all time high. So, we have a situation where we now have most 2 parent families working, and heavily leveraged to afford the mortgage. It goes on to describe how this could be achieved by systematically reducing the quality of education in most school districts within a given metropolis, such that there are perhaps one or two decent ones with everyone clamoring to live in that area, and thus drive up housing costs.

 

This is but one example of a broader master plan being implemented by the government designed to not only maintain the status quo of an elite band of “haves” but to actually increase the critical mass of “have nots” and thus further enrich the “haves.” I’m not quite sure what the end game is, or whether there even is one. I suspect it’s more about preserving an unwritten class system and ensuring a legacy for future generation of “haves.”

 

I always suspected that there was a conspiracy preventing me from becoming a millionaire. Now I know that it’s true. The problem is that this manifesto is being pursued in several flavors in many other Westernized nations. I suppose it’s time to just pack it all in and live in a wee peat bog in Scotland.

 

You capitalist arses on this site are all sheep. You libs are black sheep but sheep nonetheless. Enjoy rope-up this year because next year, Beck will team up with Trendwest to offer timeshare tents with zero down and nothing to pay until 2005. Visa, Mastercard, and Discover accepted. Sorry, no American Express.

the_finger.gif

 

wrench_tap.jpg

 

I am safe within my temporary autonomous zone. I have almost 200 Grand from various gambling and illict enterprises salted away where no government or bank will ever notice it.

 

And I wrench_tap.jpg... drive down that corporate profit margin wink.gif When it is unprofitable to be a corporation only cooperatives will survive.

 

blfl1.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dru said:

 

wrench_tap.jpg

 

I am safe within my temporary autonomous zone. I have almost 200 Grand from various gambling and illict enterprises salted away where no government or bank will ever notice it.

 

And I wrench_tap.jpg... drive down that corporate profit margin wink.gif When it is unprofitable to be a corporation only cooperatives will survive.

 

blfl1.gif

 

Don't forget the red star and the green fist, and we might pull through in pretty good shape while the money whores vainly try to patch their wounds with worthless stock certificates.

 

boxing_smiley.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dr_Flash_Amazing said:

Don't forget the red star and the green fist, and we might pull through in pretty good shape while the money whores vainly try to patch their wounds with worthless stock certificates.

boxing_smiley.gif

More power to ya Flash. I'll be sure to remember that when I'm Marlin fishing off Venezuela this spring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

remember, when the monetary system collapses, what you are worth will be what you have to barter, trade, or know how to make or do. pitty.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dru said:

remember, when the monetary system collapses, what you are worth will be what you have to barter, trade, or know how to make or do. pitty.gif

 

poor trask and crazy polish slob, because i dont think reach arounds are gonna have much of a market in the chaos!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dru said:

remember, when the monetary system collapses, what you are worth will be what you have to barter, trade, or know how to make or do. pitty.gif

 

Well I guess I'm going to be pretty fucked as a Physicist/musician. cry.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you have a name for this dude? Google search (1st 3 pages) shows no match. Did you make this shit up or did he? Can anyone else verify Jgowans paranoia or is it time for him to seek help. So what else are the voises telling you?

If these guys are real I can yellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gif 'cause I don't have a credit card! The level of debt people have blows me away. A former housemate took out a five year loan for 10 grand to buy a used car. I wonder what the total intrest was, nevermind the fact she had to inshure the damm thing. moon.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

tlst04.jpg

 

"I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass. ...And I'm all out of bubble gum."

link to wav file

 

tlst12.jpg

 

 

That's not a great profound statement.... Unrestrained capitalism will destroy us - absolutely.... Just look outside. I've never seen so many homeless in my entire life - and not drug addicts and alcoholics - I mean, respectable, lower-middle-class people.... But maybe that's why no one was interested in the film. Who wants to hear that your civilization is in decline.

 

John Carpenter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

talking about anarky after the monetary colapse, you liberal wankers better bend over for traskie boy cause he has the biggest non-military stockpile in washington. get ready to be punks biatches! yellaf.gifsmileysex5.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By the way, I made this entire story up. I thought it might elicit a greater reaction, but I suppose the apathy should have been expected - much like the general ambivalence exhibited by the sheep watching the telly each night and gorging on a fecal feast of homeland vernacular spewed forth by none other than G.W. himself and his supporting cast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JGowans said:

By the way, I made this entire story up. I thought it might elicit a greater reaction, but I suppose the apathy should have been expected - much like the general ambivalence exhibited by the sheep watching the telly each night and gorging on a fecal feast of homeland vernacular spewed forth by none other than G.W. himself and his supporting cast.

 

mabe cause it was pointed out that it was fake yesterday cheif?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×