The Future

JGowans

What’s up you choads?

Well, it has taken me a while to come to a definitive conclusion, but something I’ve suspected for a long time is now more than a mere hypothesis.

Last week, I was sitting on a plane from Seattle to D.C. On board, I sat next to a guy from NY who now lives in Seattle, but spent the first half of his career working in the financial sector in NY, and latterly as a lobbyist for special interest groups. He’s now writing a book about his experiences.

Anyway, he told me about a special interest group called the Coalition for Advancement of Credit. This is a little known group that apparently has some unprecedented access to high level government officials. It represents pretty much all industries, but most importantly, it focuses on promoting the accessibility of credit to consumers. A seemingly benign activity yes? Well, it’s but a part of a larger effort. One of its members apparently wrote a manifesto entitled “The Credit Conundrum – A Vehicle for Prosperity.” This manifesto goes into great detail on the need to further “bind” the middle and working class to the corporate world through the use of extending credit while at the same time, using other fiscal tools at their disposal (including policy) to increase the cost of living. An example is the fact that even adjusting for inflation, housing is 75 times more expensive today than in the ‘50s while salaries are less (inflation adjusted), and worker productivity is at an all time high. So, we have a situation where we now have most 2 parent families working, and heavily leveraged to afford the mortgage. It goes on to describe how this could be achieved by systematically reducing the quality of education in most school districts within a given metropolis, such that there are perhaps one or two decent ones with everyone clamoring to live in that area, and thus drive up housing costs.

This is but one example of a broader master plan being implemented by the government designed to not only maintain the status quo of an elite band of “haves” but to actually increase the critical mass of “have nots” and thus further enrich the “haves.” I’m not quite sure what the end game is, or whether there even is one. I suspect it’s more about preserving an unwritten class system and ensuring a legacy for future generation of “haves.”

I always suspected that there was a conspiracy preventing me from becoming a millionaire. Now I know that it’s true. The problem is that this manifesto is being pursued in several flavors in many other Westernized nations. I suppose it’s time to just pack it all in and live in a wee peat bog in Scotland.

You capitalist arses on this site are all sheep. You libs are black sheep but sheep nonetheless. Enjoy rope-up this year because next year, Beck will team up with Trendwest to offer timeshare tents with zero down and nothing to pay until 2005. Visa, Mastercard, and Discover accepted. Sorry, no American Express.

the_finger.gif

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"A firesale on your future

your life is their game

wouldn't you like to play

Here we go, congress one, progress zero

You think your leaders are thinking about reform

They'd sooner sit and watch our cities burn like Nero

Makes you wonder what the FUCK you're voting for!

For a change, who the fuck are you kidding, me?

What we need is some good old fashioned anarchy

You bring the torch and I'll bring the kerosene

We'll strike a match and BURN THIS FUCKER DOWN!

BURN THIS FUCKER DOWN!

BURN THIS FUCKER DOWN!

BURN THIS FUCKER DOOOOOOWWWN!

BURN THIS FUCKER

DOWN!"

rockband.gif

"Hey, profiteers

with your rows of lovely homes

and your shiny cars ...

have you heard the news?

Your blood is not gold

you are replacement parts

your trivial job vanishes

when the market drops

Capitalist, what have you done?

What have you done by playing God?

One thousand fists

on the mansion doors now

one thousand hands

reach for the throat now

the bombs exploded

on the front lawn

it's in the air ..."

rockband.gif

JGowans said:

What’s up you choads?

Well, it has taken me a while to come to a definitive conclusion, but something I’ve suspected for a long time is now more than a mere hypothesis.

Last week, I was sitting on a plane from Seattle to D.C. On board, I sat next to a guy from NY who now lives in Seattle, but spent the first half of his career working in the financial sector in NY, and latterly as a lobbyist for special interest groups. He’s now writing a book about his experiences.

Anyway, he told me about a special interest group called the Coalition for Advancement of Credit. This is a little known group that apparently has some unprecedented access to high level government officials. It represents pretty much all industries, but most importantly, it focuses on promoting the accessibility of credit to consumers. A seemingly benign activity yes? Well, it’s but a part of a larger effort. One of its members apparently wrote a manifesto entitled “The Credit Conundrum – A Vehicle for Prosperity.” This manifesto goes into great detail on the need to further “bind” the middle and working class to the corporate world through the use of extending credit while at the same time, using other fiscal tools at their disposal (including policy) to increase the cost of living. An example is the fact that even adjusting for inflation, housing is 75 times more expensive today than in the ‘50s while salaries are less (inflation adjusted), and worker productivity is at an all time high. So, we have a situation where we now have most 2 parent families working, and heavily leveraged to afford the mortgage. It goes on to describe how this could be achieved by systematically reducing the quality of education in most school districts within a given metropolis, such that there are perhaps one or two decent ones with everyone clamoring to live in that area, and thus drive up housing costs.

This is but one example of a broader master plan being implemented by the government designed to not only maintain the status quo of an elite band of “haves” but to actually increase the critical mass of “have nots” and thus further enrich the “haves.” I’m not quite sure what the end game is, or whether there even is one. I suspect it’s more about preserving an unwritten class system and ensuring a legacy for future generation of “haves.”

I always suspected that there was a conspiracy preventing me from becoming a millionaire. Now I know that it’s true. The problem is that this manifesto is being pursued in several flavors in many other Westernized nations. I suppose it’s time to just pack it all in and live in a wee peat bog in Scotland.

You capitalist arses on this site are all sheep. You libs are black sheep but sheep nonetheless. Enjoy rope-up this year because next year, Beck will team up with Trendwest to offer timeshare tents with zero down and nothing to pay until 2005. Visa, Mastercard, and Discover accepted. Sorry, no American Express.

the_finger.gif

wrench_tap.jpg

I am safe within my temporary autonomous zone. I have almost 200 Grand from various gambling and illict enterprises salted away where no government or bank will ever notice it.

And I wrench_tap.jpg... drive down that corporate profit margin wink.gif When it is unprofitable to be a corporation only cooperatives will survive.

blfl1.gif

Dru said:

wrench_tap.jpg

I am safe within my temporary autonomous zone. I have almost 200 Grand from various gambling and illict enterprises salted away where no government or bank will ever notice it.

And I wrench_tap.jpg... drive down that corporate profit margin wink.gif When it is unprofitable to be a corporation only cooperatives will survive.

blfl1.gif

Don't forget the red star and the green fist, and we might pull through in pretty good shape while the money whores vainly try to patch their wounds with worthless stock certificates.

boxing_smiley.gif

Dr_Flash_Amazing said:

Don't forget the red star and the green fist, and we might pull through in pretty good shape while the money whores vainly try to patch their wounds with worthless stock certificates.

boxing_smiley.gif

More power to ya Flash. I'll be sure to remember that when I'm Marlin fishing off Venezuela this spring.

Dru said:

remember, when the monetary system collapses, what you are worth will be what you have to barter, trade, or know how to make or do. pitty.gif

poor trask and crazy polish slob, because i dont think reach arounds are gonna have much of a market in the chaos!

Do you have a name for this dude? Google search (1st 3 pages) shows no match. Did you make this shit up or did he? Can anyone else verify Jgowans paranoia or is it time for him to seek help. So what else are the voises telling you?

If these guys are real I can yellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gif 'cause I don't have a credit card! The level of debt people have blows me away. A former housemate took out a five year loan for 10 grand to buy a used car. I wonder what the total intrest was, nevermind the fact she had to inshure the damm thing. moon.gif

tlst04.jpg

"I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass. ...And I'm all out of bubble gum."

link to wav file

tlst12.jpg

That's not a great profound statement.... Unrestrained capitalism will destroy us - absolutely.... Just look outside. I've never seen so many homeless in my entire life - and not drug addicts and alcoholics - I mean, respectable, lower-middle-class people.... But maybe that's why no one was interested in the film. Who wants to hear that your civilization is in decline.

John Carpenter

By the way, I made this entire story up. I thought it might elicit a greater reaction, but I suppose the apathy should have been expected - much like the general ambivalence exhibited by the sheep watching the telly each night and gorging on a fecal feast of homeland vernacular spewed forth by none other than G.W. himself and his supporting cast.

JGowans said:

By the way, I made this entire story up. I thought it might elicit a greater reaction, but I suppose the apathy should have been expected - much like the general ambivalence exhibited by the sheep watching the telly each night and gorging on a fecal feast of homeland vernacular spewed forth by none other than G.W. himself and his supporting cast.

mabe cause it was pointed out that it was fake yesterday cheif?