the humiliator

j_b

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fence_Sitter said:

Clinton took a hit for less, so why did Schwarzenegger's groping have no impact at the polls?

also, this was what 30 years ago? fuck!

er, no. some of the documented stories (on a british tv show set) are as recent as 2000.

I just feel the need to step in here with

j_b rockband.gif !!!!

I don't know how or why you do it. I'd get so bored so quickly with all these idiots continually hurling mindless insults. It'd be really hard for me to keep coming back with substantiative replies knowing full well that the only comebacks would be fifteen pointless repetive curses from three different people using 5 different names. I'd have been moving on long ago. With the likes of Trask, Cracked, Fence Sitter, and braindead "newcomer" Minotaur stalking j_b throughout any thread he posts on and f*king ruining it with mispelled slurs, it's especially amazing that he even visits this board anymore .

I don't know why he does it, but I'm sure glad he does. Thank you j_b for keeping these idiots busy so they don't ruin every damn thread on this board.

Here's to you j_b bigdrink.gif. You're made of stronger stuff than I.

i'd have to agree with you there chucK, j_b does take alot of flack for his point of view. irregardless if the fucking morons who continually insult him personally or not. he stands by his views and that is commendable. to bad none of his detractors share an onuce of civility or integreity!

j_b bigdrink.gif

just see it as an experiment in pavlovian conditioning

(somewhat tongue in cheek)

http://highered.mcgraw-hill.com/sites/dl/free/0072490462/27748/kle90462_ch03.pdf

"Fear also motivates an escape response to an aversive event. Neal Miller’s classic 1948 study demonstrates the motivational properties of fear. Miller first conditioned fear in rats by administering electric shock in the white compartment of a shuttle box apparatus (see Figure 3.2). After administering the shock, Miller allowed the rats to escape into the black compartment. After the initial pairings of the white compartment with shock, he confined the animals in the white compartment without presenting any additional shock. However, each rat could escape the white chamber by turning a wheel to open the door to the black compartment. Miller found that about half of the rats learned to turn the wheel to escape the aversive white chamber; the other half “froze” and did not learn the required response. The results show that the association of an environment (the white chamber) with an unconditioned aversive event (shock) can cause the environment to acquire motivational properties."

j_b said:

Fence_Sitter said:

Clinton took a hit for less, so why did Schwarzenegger's groping have no impact at the polls?

also, this was what 30 years ago? fuck!

er, no. some of the documented stories (on a british tv show set) are as recent as 2000.

documented eh? where are you getting your sources? *troll* yellaf.gif see you fuckers later!!!! new rope-up in canuk-land! cya there! bigdrink.gif

trask said:

I never insult rbw1966. He always posts good shit. You on the other hand always post negative shit about life in general. Always the downer side of things. I reiterate...you suck.

Trask: you lying pile of Erik-sauce. We swap insults all the time. The difference between j_b and I is that I don't friggin' whine about someone being a bully. Fer crissakes its an internet message board!

j_b I have to admit that I may share some of your political views but I gotta admit that the way you rant on and on about trask being a bully is kinda weak. Why not just show some self-restraint, ignore him and exhibit some dignity for yourself if you don't like his insults? Whining just stokes the fire. If you poke a bear with a stick you're gonna get bit.

I'm beginning to think you and marylou are one and the same. You both have this enormous compulsion to toss out controversial posts then whine effusively when someone insults you.

My $.02 (when adjusted for inflation=zilch).

rbw1966 said:

I gotta admit that the way you rant on and on about trask being a bully is kinda weak. Why not just show some self-restraint, ignore him and exhibit some dignity for yourself if you don't like his insults? Whining just stokes the fire. If you poke a bear with a stick you're gonna get bit.

what you call whining, i call fighting back by exposing trask's tactics. it is obvious to anyone who pays attention that trask wants to disrupt any discussion he does not approve of. i tried to ignore him for many month but it did not work because he and his avatars/buddies/mob gang up and scare people away. this results in the dissenting poster being isolated and the discussion effectively shut down by lack of reasonable participants (the other result is that normal people don't want to be seen in such company and never pass the stage of lurking). i don't seek trask, trask comes to me. my sense of dignity in these exchanges comes from not caving in to bullies and/or resorting to cheap demeaning discourse (ok once in a while i can't resist taking a stab and it's not cheap either).

I'm beginning to think you and marylou are one and the same. You both have this enormous compulsion to toss out controversial posts then whine effusively when someone insults you.

whenever i post something controversial, it is to ellicit discussion not insults. why should an internet board be so different that it fosters abnormal interaction between people. again, gratuitous strings of expletives both prevent exchange of ideas and participation by the greatest number (how many people do you know enjoy being insulted ad-infinitum). my mentioning of trask's tactics (which you call whining, kind of like the standard characterization of dissenters these days btw, probably in hope of inciting shame for 'not being a man') is to remind participants (and board owners) that a choice eventually has to be made: either abusive behavior is condoned and people end up only abusing each other, or discussion is encouraged and respect of others is the general rule. i am not arguing for absurd pc style posting, i don't mind swear words, jokes, or even harsh words when people feel strongly about something but spray should be for more than trading insults and inane banter. if some individuals want to trade insults all day long, they can have their own threads for all i care.

j_b said:

it is obvious to anyone who pays attention that trask wants to disrupt any discussion he does not approve of.

Dude, it's actually obvious to anyone who pays attention that Trask is just a bullshitter looking to crack wise and not take himself or anything else too seriously. The more seriously you take Trask's antics, the less seriously he's going to take you, resulting in some seriously unserious antics being dumped on you in quantity.

Could be a lesson in there somewhere ...

Dr_Flash_Amazing said:

j_b said:

it is obvious to anyone who pays attention that trask wants to disrupt any discussion he does not approve of.

Dude, it's actually obvious to anyone who pays attention that Trask is just a bullshitter looking to crack wise and not take himself or anything else too seriously. The more seriously you take Trask's antics, the less seriously he's going to take you, resulting in some seriously unserious antics being dumped on you in quantity.

Could be a lesson in there somewhere ...

i understand that it is the way most of you see him. as i have said before, any interpretation of reality has to be born by facts. and the facts show that most progressive posters who stick to their guns are eventually showered with insults and ridicule, and these threads soon turn to a joke where no 'discussion' takes place.

could be a lesson in there somewhere ....

to some people trask is anything but a 'fun guy'

scrambler said:

The people demand humor. Take a good look at the Trading Insults thread. yellaf.gif

you are stacking the odds by preventing those who want more than 'humor' from participating. those humorous threads have been around forever, it does not mean that abuse does not take place the rest of the time. just ask marylou whether she thinks what is hurled her way is humor. get a grip.