Crossing borders

David_Parker

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an aquaintance who lives in Bellingham and got busted by the canucks on his way into Canada with Mr. Greenjeans riding shotgun. They cavity searched him and charged him $500 for the honor. Now his name is in a database that gets him the stink-eye every time he crosses the border (which is often). A group of us (in seperate cars) went to Manning to ski. I was behind his truck. Before we even left he begged everyone to leave Mr. Greenjeans at home, along with any accessories. My friend got pulled to the side for extensive questioning and searching whilst we passed on through unmolested.

Its not that hard to locate Mr. Greenjeans or his relatives in either Mexico or Canada. Why bother with the risk of taking it with you?

Speaking of Mexico, I was talking with a guy who was in baja for a month climbing. He had aquired the services of Mr. Greenjeans whilst there and plum forgot about the accessories conveniently located in a pocket of his pack. US Customs agents quickly discovered it (hint: clean up a bit--shave, etc--before making a border crossing) and hassled him for quite a while. He had no actual herbage on his person or baggage--just a little ol' pipe. Eventually they let him go with the admonition, "I should prosecute you just for being so stupid."

'Nough said.

I have an aquaintance who lives in Bellingham and got busted by the canucks on his way into Canada with Mr. Greenjeans riding shotgun. They cavity searched him and charged him $500 for the honor. Now his name is in a database that gets him the stink-eye every time he crosses the border (which is often). A group of us (in seperate cars) went to Manning to ski. I was behind his truck. Before we even left he begged everyone to leave Mr. Greenjeans at home, along with any accessories. My friend got pulled to the side for extensive questioning and searching whilst we passed on through unmolested.

Its not that hard to locate Mr. Greenjeans or his relatives in either Mexico or Canada. Why bother with the risk of taking it with you?

Speaking of Mexico, I was talking with a guy who was in baja for a month climbing. He had aquired the services of Mr. Greenjeans whilst there and plum forgot about the accessories conveniently located in a pocket of his pack. US Customs agents quickly discovered it (hint: clean up a bit--shave, etc--before making a border crossing) and hassled him for quite a while. He had no actual herbage on his person or baggage--just a little ol' pipe. Eventually they let him go with the admonition, "I should prosecute you just for being so stupid."

'Nough said.

quote:

Originally posted by David Parker:
Awh, geez! I thought hiding da stash in my gun barrel was a good place! Maybe not?

No, you should get some Indonesian wooden box carved with grinning skulls and teddy bears and put it in that. I mean, if you had to shoot quickly and you couldnt get your stash out, it would look pretty dumb, right. Course the guy you shot would get wasted rolleyes.gif" border="0tongue.gif" border="0

[ 03-07-2002: Message edited by: Dru ]

I'd be real careful about possesing leafy combustibles in Mexico. We got tagged when I was in college and were looking at 5-7 years in a Tijiuana prison before we were able to pay a "fine" of $1,000 to be set on our merry way back to States as fast as we could make it.

I also had a friend who bought a sack while he was in Cabo and then got turned into the federales by the same guy who sold him the bag. shocked.gif" border="0

The Cehnehdiehns are so much more understanding.

quote:

Originally posted by Retrosaurus:
I rely on friends that are far more addicted than I, (like Slezyjakofski
grin.gif" border="0
)and make sure that they drive.

[ 03-07-2002: Message edited by: Retrosaurus ]

i don't even smoke pot you asshole. tongue.gif" border="0 and if you morons have a hard time spelling the name here some qkwik key hints wink.gif" border="0 highlight this word: Szyjakowskikey stroke=>Ctrl+C(this allows you to copy the correct spelling BEYOTCH.)Key Stroke=>Ctrl+V(this allows you to paste the word in your Original document(;&gt wink.gif" border="0 =:-<| [Moon][Moon]

at a recent border crossing they wiped down my car with these little handi-wipe cloths and then were able to look for traces of pot, coke, and probably several other drugs. this then led to some lengthy questioning and was a real pain in the ass. its easy enough to explain away traces of THC when you're clean, but the serious shakedown certainly isn't worth it, especially when you're going to somelace where it seems like the locals are so generous and friendly.

quote:

Originally posted by dr. jay:
at a recent border crossing they wiped down my car with these little handi-wipe cloths and then were able to look for traces of pot, coke, and probably several other drugs. this then led to some lengthy questioning and was a real pain in the ass. its easy enough to explain away traces of THC when you're clean, but the serious shakedown certainly isn't worth it, especially when you're going to somelace where it seems like the locals are so generous and friendly.

"I bought my car second hand from a guy named Erik" will explain any unfortunate residues, crumbs, nuggets or flakes they find.

quote:

Originally posted by trask:
I have an idea. Why not just lay off the shit while visiting a foreign country. Or would that put some of you into withdrawls? If so, I wouldn't want you holdin' my rope.
[hell no]

Hey Trash, I think you jump to conclusions a little too quickly. Personally, I don't even smoke unless I am on vaction. Withdrawls aren't a factor. For some of us, it makes long car rides and approaches a little more tolerable, even enjoyable. Get off your "high" horse. You better stay away from camp Muir on Saturdays too, or someone might offend you.

PS: check out Trash's photo on his profile. He obviously has his head up his ass!

I hitch hiked to Alaska one year and almost got busted going into Alaska even though pot was legal there at the time. They took my backpack and opened everything. They searched and patted me till I thought I was going to get a woody. I had had a bong in one of the pockets and the smell was kind of obvious so they were sure they had me. If there would have been one seed anywhere on me I would have been their plaything.

As it was, I walked into Alaska a free man and just smiled and waved goodby to those diligent dicks. That is exactly what you are dealing with at the border. It isn't about crime prevention or anything like that. They're dicks doing dickwork.

It seems everytime I go to Canada or Mexico, I am faced with the dilemma about whether to leave the "green" at home or risk the border crossing. Usually my concern is "higher" going to Mexico or when I re-enter the US. What really are the ramifications of getting caught? Can they take your car or your possessions? Anyone out ther been caught? What do you do to hide your stash?

You get caught you can pretty much kiss all of the rights you have when getting arrested by a police officer goodbye. Keep in mind that the border patrol can pretty much do what ever the hell they want to you including take your car. I know of at least one person heading into canada who got caught and he basically is not allowed back into canada. I would guess the consiquenses far outweigh the benefits of not having to bum it from some punk kid.

Back in the day (80's) when I used to partake, we were searched at the Canadadian border by a little smart assed Nazi-type. They found a forgotten "smoking apparatus," and we were promptly led into a building and given the obligatory cavity search. They found nothing else, but we were not allowed to enter and then faced another harrassment by US customs when turned around. Our packs were completely ransacked and haphazardly restuffed. The sawed-off Hitler dude told us not to try to enter the country for 5 years, or face criminal charges. Don't it make your browneye blue? mad.gif" border="0