Weather for Beckfest

ryland_moore

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ClimbingGirl33 said:

Seriously - is it worth going if it rains? I've only been up there once so really have no perspective.

Last time I was there in the spring, it rained hard for about 15 minutes. then the sun came out and we were able to get 4 or 5 more climbs in that day. Definitely worth going. thumbs_up.gif

yeah, If the weather looks icky here, it is more than likely nice over there. I have seen this forecast many times and have always been happy in Leavenworth.

Heres the skinny:

FRIDAY .. A 60 PERCENT CHANCE OF RAIN AND MOUNTAIN SNOW SHOWERS. HIGHS IN THE MID 50S TO LOWER 60S.

FRIDAY NIGHT AND SATURDAY .. PARTLY CLOUDY. HIGHS AROUND 60. LOWS IN THE 30S.

SATURDAY NIGHT AND SUNDAY .. MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A 40 PERCENT CHANCE OF RAIN SHOWERS. HIGHS AROUND 60. LOWS IN THE MID 30S TO LOWER 40S.

Hell, if it rains I guess we wash the truck and go into town, Saturday is Karoake night at the Olde Post Office tavern, theres some talented folk on that side of the Mtns.

that being said, the weather should be just fine.

Sean

Yes, it also happens to be Octoberfest in Leavenworth this weekend, so you can come and drink in the Bavarian Village while waiting for rock to dry. I am not trying to be a party pooper here Erik, I just checked my reliable source, the NOAA weather out of Seattle, the bible for weather in the North Cascades IMHO, and that is what it said. I usually never trust weather reports anyways and I go. If weather craps out, then I adjust. bigdrink.gif

okay, I admit it. When this event got going we checked the six month forcast just to mess up the weekend... sometimes it is wet in the mountains, sometimes it is dry.

whatever. I'm packing up boxes of gear for the raffle and give away right now.