avalanche safety class???

kakeandjelly

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I could be an ass and suggest that you do a search of this site, as there has been many discussions on this topic (go back over 1 year), or I could suggest my own personal favorite: National Ski Patrol, Level I and II.

You will soon have many responses to your query, some not as nice as mine. I suggest you do your homework now and start the search.

Contact Mountain Madness 1-800-328-5925.

Gary Brill is a guide for Mountain Madness, and his class is great, but they also offer other courses.

I understand that they will soon be offering a more field intensive course, putting you in the backcountry on multiple days. I think it is going to be a four or five day course (not just classes at night with a day in the field). thumbs_up.gif

Gary Brill's intro course is good (took it last year), but it does not have enough field time. Make sure to get out with avy-savvy folks as you learn how to read terrain and conditions or take a course with more field experience.

Be safe out there in the freshiezzzzzzz! fruit.gif